chapter eleven | been two weeks

I woke up to my body aching after hiking yesterday at Bukhansan. I barely can move any part of my body so I just laid in bed for some time.  And hey, I made a friend yesterday, your girl knew how to socialize with others. Yay.

When I got home yesterday, there was a box of Krispy Kreme at my front porch and a bouquet of flowers. Maybe I got it right yesterday. I found the writings on the rock made by that ghost when it was still alive.

My phone buzzed and it was a notification. A text notification.

As I grabbed my phone to check the text from my nightstand, I winced in pain as my arm got stretched out. God, this will give me a hard time for a few days.

I unlocked my phone and noticed that it was already 12 in the afternoon. Due to exhaustion, I passed out after changing into my pajamas last night. Days passed by and I slowly began to be a heavy sleeper.

I tapped the text message. It was from my wonderful manager.

From: Managernim Eomma Chahee

"Yah, Jendeuk! I'm going to be on a vacation so the both of us have a week off. You deserve it. I bet your body hurts now after climbing a mountain. Pabo. Anyways, that's it. Enjoy the rest of the week :)

Great, another week off from work. I was kinda expecting the next notification to be an email one but it was instead a text message from Hanbin. But, I texted my manager first before opening his message.

To: Managernim Eomma Chahee

"Ottoke? Daebak, eomma. Take care, okiedokie? Enjoy your vacation."

After sending that to my manager, I tapped Hanbin's text message.

From: Kim Hanbin from Bukhansan

"Good morning! I'll be recording Love Scenario with the boys later. Just wanted to update ya! Oh and drink meds unnie, arasso? Mountain climbing can be exhausting as hell and can stress the hell out of your body. :)"

I don't wanna assume that he just wanted to text me and make 'update' as an excuse. But, Hanbin's a good guy.

To: Kim Hanbin from Bukhansan

"Goodluck on that one, Hanbin. Hwaiting! It will be a success, I'm telling you. :)" And I pressed send.

I waited for a couple of minutes staring blankly at my phone, in hopes for an email notification. When I was about to fall asleep once again, I decided to just wait later and to charge my phone for now.

Gathering all of my strength, I placed my hair into a bun and did my morning routine. I stood up and walked weakly towards the bathroom. This body pain really gave me a hard time upon doing my things that I do on a daily basis.

Walking downstairs, I heard someone cooking. Oh no, not again. I leaned on the wall as I tried to observe the person.

"Oh, you're awake now, Jendeukie." That person said while she turned off the stove and faced me.

"Eomma? I mean, managernim Chahee?" I said in surprise and she smiled. "I thought you're going on a vacation?"

She nodded. "This is where I'm going to be spending my week off. With you, in this house."

I covered my mouth in shock as I sat down on one of the chairs of the dining table. "Jinjja?!"

She gave me a poker face and shook her head, sitting on the seat next to me. "Andwae, I'm going to Jeju tomorrow. I just wanted to visit you here and visit the consequence of your stupidity." She pointed at my body.