chapter nine | manners // fourth email

7 in the morning, as the sun rose up to its usual position, I found myself doing the same things for days now. And I'm slowly getting used to living alone. So proud of you, Jendeuk.

Waking up to my alarm, fixing my bed, and getting ready for work or email objectives, that's kind of like the cycle of my life for now.

I guess this is really a part of growing.

I stretched my arms out and took ahold of my phone. I received a text message from managernim Chahee saying that we've got a meeting for Balenciaga regarding the other day's successful photoshoot and another shoot with the brand, Chanel, later for their spring collection.

I haven't heard from my unnie but I got a text yesterday from eomma saying that my sister's been training so hard as her preparation for work and also for the advancement of our company in the near future.

Placing my hair to a messy bun, I fixed my bed and did my morning routine. I went downstairs to prepare for my breakfast.

I prepared my coffee and decided to make a toasted bread for my morning meal. I let my coffee sit for a few minutes in hopes to lessen the heat and chances of getting a burnt tongue again. While waiting for the toaster to cook my breakfast, I prepared some additional toppings and all to make my morning happy somehow.

Yesterday was fun; it consisted of me having fun with the email objectives and hanging out with Kang Seulgi. She took lots of great pictures for she showed me some of it during our meal at the Thai restaurant. She's indeed talented with her magnificent camerawork. There's no doubt to why international photography companies hire her to capture things.

I teased her last night about relationships and she was in a relationship indeed. She described her as small but terrible, has a cute face, and a manager from a certain café.

I saw her walk straight into a café after we split ways in going home last night. And as a conclusion, maybe Irene's her girlfriend. I'm super happy for the both of them.

I got back to the reality when the toaster cooked my breakfast. I happily endulged my breakfast and went to shower afterwards.

I wore a simple dress today as my work clothes and I wore sunglasses once again. After preparing for the day's agenda, I went outside and locked the door behind me, hailing a cab after the action.

----

"We are very impressed with your talent, Miss Jennie Kim." The staff with a high position from the company of Balenciaga complimented me that everyone else in the meeting room, including my manager, clapped.

He was showing the photos that they're going to publish to magazines, advertisements, billboards, and other public relations outputs. I have to admit, they look truly amazing. The concept of the shoot and the clothes contrasted each other, resulting to one hell of a photoshooThat's not being narcissistic though.

I stood up and bowed. "Kamsamnida."

We continued the meeting until the staff overtimed and we were kinda late for my Chanel shoot.

"We are hoping to have more sucessful shoots with you in the near future, Miss Jennie. Keep up the good work and a contract's a contract." All of us in the room shook hands with each other formally.

After the said meeting, my manager and I rushed to another place for my Chanel photoshoot and we were scolded upon our arrival.

"Miss Chahee, pardon me but you two are already late." The staff from Chanel went to us and to our bad luck, the photographer seemed to be in the bad mood already.

"Mianhae. We had a meeting with another brand and they overtimed. We'll get ready immediately." Managernim signalled the crew and we got ready.

"Yah! Pali-pali, everyone! Chop chop!" The old photographer said in frustration. He said some words that hit me personally and to everyone as well. We didn't expect him to say such personal words.