chapter six | second email // the café

As time passed by, I found myself waking up to the reality that I'll be living alone for quite a long time now, without Jisoo-unnie. Also, I found myself waking up to a strange rainy morning in South Korea.

Atleast, there's some type of ghost that watches over me all the time now, just like what it said on the mail.

I don't know why or how but my perspective now partaining to ghosts and stuff changed after handling the journal and reading the email. It made me realize that ghosts just need justice among their deaths, or sometimes wanted to just roam around their old places and didn't mean to scare the people living there in the present time.

Thus, after reading that email, I felt some type of connection with that 'ghost.' It felt like I know it for a long time now and it feels like it knows me for a long time now too. I can't believe that these type of things exist; ghosts sending emails to living people in the 21st century.

Duh, it's the 21st century, Jennie.

Just like the old times, I dismissed my alarm from my phone. Another day for work. Standing up, I began to prepare for my shoot today with Balenciaga. They were the recent ones to hire me as their new model and I'm glad to be part of their family.

Before showering, I went downstairs to energize myself with coffee. I promised myself to have a yoga session when I get home later. Cleaning the dishes and tidying up some mess downstairs, I took a warm shower upstairs as I prepared for today's grand agenda.

After showering and changing into my work clothes, I began to fix my makeup and wore a minimal one since makeup's going to be extravagant later at the shoot. Plus, I wear sunglasses everytime I go out so I guess it wouldn't matter somehow.

When I was about to leave the house, my phone buzzed and there was my manager's text message, saying that my shoot has been rescheduled and to just stay indoors for some time. Great.

I laid down on my couch and sat there for awhile as I went to my social media accounts. I sighed for all of my efforts were kind of like wasted.

All of a sudden, there was another notification. An email notification.

My heart began to beat fast again as I tapped the email to read it.

From: unknown123

"Email two.

Greetings again.

Looking good today, pretty lady. It's as if you don't look good everyday though, ehe. I guess your adventure with me officially starts today. Aren't you excited? Woohoo! Let's party! Hope you'll still stick around though.

Look at this ghost, complimenting me and teasing the hell out of me as if it was still alive. But hey, thanks for the compliment, anyways.

Enough with that, don't get too full of yourself. Anyways, here's your second mail objectives so your clothes and preparation will not go to waste:

There's a café at Hongdae, at the second street, first shop. You would notice it immediately because of its' maroon color. It's called 'Red Velvet.'

• Ask for their managernim and introduce your name to her.

• Read them for me, arasso? Just the synopsis because I know you're not a fan of books. Maybe those two books will give you a clue.

• I know you so just remember, I'm watching you all the time.

Best of luck, annyeong."