chapter seven | surprise, surprise

"Aish--pabo. You're really a pabo, Jendeukie."

I said to myself for I took a sip of my coffee but it was too hot yet to be drunk. I placed down my cup of coffee at the table and tried to soothe the pain by drinking a glass of cold water. Welcome to another typical morning of Jennie Ruby Jane everyone, and I'm starting to get used to being alone now. But, I think I'm getting dumber and dumber as days pass. Just kidding.

I remember having these kinds of mornings with Jisoo-unnie and we end up eating popsicle sticks early in the morning.

Speaking of that crackhead, she already arrived in New Zealand and when we called each other, she's been talking nonstop and that alone made me miss her even more. I also got the chance to talk to my parents and we had the longest talk ever. But, the main highlight's them apologizing to me and promising me things for the future of us two.

Also, it's been two days of being alone and I don't know why but I felt secured, even if I was left alone here.

It's because of that ghost up there.

I have to admit; I'm really enjoying this adventure with my ghost friend so far. Maybe if she/he is still alive, she could be one of the amazing people in the world. And maybe, I could date her if possible.

Speaking of which, my phone buzzed and showed a new notification. A new email.

I smiled at the sight and I know it's kinda weird to think about it. I tapped the email and stirred my coffee nonstop.

From: unknown123

"Email three.

Greetings for the third time.

Hey! Cheers to your first email accomplishments. Woohoo. You did a great job and I hope you enjoyed the atmosphere of Red Velvet. Oh, did you read the two books? Those were the first two puzzle pieces of this adventure and cheers for more! Enjoy your day today for today's your dayoff from email objectives. Spend this day right, smile now, I can see you frowning from a burnt tongue because I have a surprise. Surprise, surprise!

Hope you'll like it. Annyeong!"

I felt like a kid for some reasons and it made me smile. It made my burnt tongue scenario fade away. With this email, I'm looking forward to spending this day right. I'm more like motivated to have a proper photoshoot for Balenciaga.

Oh about work, I looked at the wall clock and it's already 8 am and in an hour, managernim Chahee will pick me up!

Bathing myself with a cool shower, my mood boosted once again as I blasted some music through my waterproof speakers. I sang to songs after songs, danced to all of them too.

It was all fun and games until I heard the door open.

"Ahhh!!!" I screamed at the sudden movement and covered my body with my towel all of a sudden. Fortunately, I was done showering and all that was left to do was to wipe the water off of my body.

"Oh c'mon, Jennie." It was my manager, Chahee. Thank God for the blur effect of my sliding doors, they saved me from exposing my whole body to someone if in case, someone would barge in. "As if I haven't seen you naked before."

I looked at her with a blank face and in realization as well. "Oh yeah, right."

"I'm so beautiful. Yepoyo!" Yeri pointed herself at the mirror and winked at herself.

Narcissism at its finest.

But, I have to agree, my manager looked great as always.

"Yah! Not in my bathroom, managernim! Not in my bathroom." I teased her and I heard her walk out the bathroom in annoyance. This kid.

I changed into my decent work clothes and wore less makeup because my team will fix my makeup more later. After gathering my things in my bag, I went downstairs and saw my manager sitting cross-legged at my enormous couch.

"How did you even get inside, managernim?" I asked her while fingercombing my hair as she typed nonstop on her phone.

"Jisoo-unnie gave me a spare key before. Gosh Jennie. Since when did your brain became rusty?" She sassily asked and I playfully hit her shoulder while we laughed together.

After her nonstop typing on her phone, we went to her car as we head onto the shoot's desination.

----

"Yes, Jennie. Slay queen. Like that, oh! Perfect! Okay that's a wrap everyone!" The photographer announced after my last pose and we all clapped together.

He was really impressed and didn't have a hard time capturing such photos for modelling has always been my forte. It has always been in my blood like singing and dancing.

It was the last set of clothes and bags for the whole Balenciaga photoshoot and everyone was exhausted as I am.

I'm also very proud of my crew for making this dream of mine come true.

"You did a great job once again, Jen! Forever proud of you!" My manager went to me and offered a hug which I reciprocated. "Kemshemnide."

After changing to my normal clothes and went to the screening of the photos at the computer's monitor, we heard someone knock on the set's door.

"Uhm, this is for Ms. Jennie Kim." Said the guy that held flowers and a box of my favorite food. "M-me?!"

I went to it and earned a lot of teases from the crew and I shook my head. "Yah! I'm single guys and ready to eat pringles!"

"Uhm, can I ask who's this from?" I asked the staff and smelled the flowers.

"He's downstairs, agasshi."

----

"Hey." I greeted the person whom I wanted to talk to the other day. He sat at the waiting areas of the company and he wore a delivery guy suit.

"Hi, Jennie right?" The person asked me as he stood up to meet me.

I nodded. "Bambam right?"

He laughed and nodded. "My former workmate informed me that you wanted to talk to me last night. Waeyo?"

"Ottoke, he told you that. Oh, I just wanted to ask about the journal.." I started but I was cut off by his words.

"That journal was my friend's. She died recently from a disease but it was really by fate that it was given to you for you noticed it first at the bar."

My heart sank. So, she's a girl.

"Jinjja? Deep condolences." I said wholeheartedly while he smiled back. "What about those emails? Are you the one who's sending it?"

"What emails? Ani-ya! All I know is about the journal. Nothing more, nothing else." He replied, geez.

I was about to say something when he patted my shoulder in assurance.

"Just enjoy the ride, Jennie. It's not a mistake that the journal was sent to you."

----

A/N: arigathanks guys! so, who do you think is the one sending those emails? don't break the ice yet guys, it's for the sake of the story(ies)!!