Chapter 8

Hermione

It was him. It felt like I couldn't breath, he looks so beautiful, he has always looked beautiful. I haven't thought about Draco in a while, it made me sad when I did think about him, because I knew that we might not ever get to be together again.

"Hermione?" he said his voice still silky and soothing as it was 5 years ago, my name coming from his mouth made me weak in the knees and I didn't know how to handle seeing him, randomly at that.

"D-Draco..." I breathed and he walked closer to me so we were at an appropriate distance.

"How are you?" he asked as if he was in a daze.

I cleared my throat, "Fine, and you?" I didn't know how to act around him

"Alright." He shrugged, it was silent for a few minuets and i looked down at my feet not knowing what to say.

"Do you want to have tea with me?" He asked, I looked up and nodded with a small smile, we walked a couple feet and he held the door open for me as I walked in. We had ordered our teas and sat at a table meant for two.

I held my hands in my lap playing with my fingers, I was nervous, I hadn't seen him in five years and i just didn't know what to do, it was as if it was like our first date all over again, except it wasn't a date.

"How have you been?" he asked finally breaking the silence, and I sighed slumping my shoulder, I've always hated being the first person to break the ice.

"I've been okay." I shrugged as the teas came, I grabbed it warming up my hands because they were always cold.

"Hows work going? Anymore good break throughs with house elves?" he asked, I had made a new law with the house elves that they should have some days off, and it has worked out perfectly.

I frowned, "I no longer work in that department."

"Really, where do you work at?" he asked, I wasn't used to people asking me about work, Vicktor never did, he never really asked about my day at all, Draco would though everyday while In school.

"I work in Law enforcement, specifically with Aurors." I smiled as i thought about my 'new' job, I loved it, it kept me on my toes, and gave me new challenges everyday.

"That's amazing Dar-Hermione." He said and my heart sunk, I knew what he was going to call me and it made me want to cry.

"Thank you." I said with a smile holding back some tears.

"I hear Potter is head of the Aurors." he said blowing into his cup to cool down the tea and the drank it, I watched as his lips parted and let the tea into his mouth.

"Oh, um, yeah, I work closely with him." I said looking back up at him, I swore I could've seen him smirk but i shook it off as just my imagination playing around, "And you? I heard you're one of the top healers at St. Mungo." I said

"I am." He said with such a proud smile, it made my heart swell with happiness.

"That's so good." I smiled sipping my now warm tea. It was silent again, we didn't have anything else to talk about.

"So.." he trailed off "Are you in a relationship?" he asked awkwardly.

"No, not anymore." I said, and he frowned yet his eyes said something else which made me hope that he wasn't in one.

"What happened?" he asked, "If you don't mind my asking." I shook my head and shrugged, I explained to Draco, Vicktor and I decided it was time to break up, there wasn't crying, no angry feelings, it was mutual. We both still had love for each other, but we didn't see each other in futures.