Chapter 15

Hermione

The next day, I was walking around Diagon alley with Harry. Ginny had picked up the kids that morning and sent them to the Burrow because she had Quidditch practice and Harry wanted to spend some 'well needed' time with me as he put. I had to say it was nice to spend some time alone with Harry, I was a little sad that Ron wasn't with us, but I made sure to make a mental note to owl him about hanging out.

"Why are we here again?" I asked as we walked through the crowded area, not exactly wanting to be here.

"Ginny wants a cat, and I need your expertise, because unlike Ron, I really like Crookshanks." She said making me smile thinking about my cat. Before we went to the Magical Menagerie, Harry went into another shop making me wait outside.

"Hermione!" someone called making me turn my head looking for the person who called me which turns out to be Draco who surprisingly wasn't with Julia.

"Oh, hi." I said with a frown which he mirrored.

"What happened yesterday? You never came back from the loo." he said, still a frown etched on his beautiful face, I couldn't give in this time.

"It got awkward, I didn't want to third wheel any more and I was also being excluded from the conversation." I said almost with a spat, I was getting pretty annoyed by both of them, and I felt that soon I was just going to call off out Fridays and leave them to have their Fridays. Guilt and hurt from my tone spread across his face, he looked like he hadn't slept in days and all I wanted to do was hold him, but I couldn't give into him like I always do.

"I'm so sorry Hermione, I didn't know I made you feel like that." he said holding out his hand to grab mine, but I quickly stepped back, I knew if he touched me I would be clay in his hands and I would let him mold me back into the pathetic girl who wants something she can't have.

"I'm used to it." I said with a shrug, it hurt treating him like this, but I had to keep my guard up. He frowned even more and looked as if he was going to cry making my heart break for him. I knew it was going to be like this next Friday, and knowing how stupid I am, I was going to go back. You know for being the brightest witch of our age you really are stupid my thoughts said making me internally roll my eyes, but I knew it was right.

"Her-" He was cut off by Harry coming out of the shop with a Triumphant smile on his face, a small bag was in his hand and I knew he bought something for Ginny, it made me smile knowing how happy she made him.

"Malfoy." He said with a small smile and a nod, I also liked how civil Harry was with Draco.

"Potter." Draco said, it looked like all the happiness was drained from his body, and the only thing left was a dull, grey Draco, He looked like he did in year 6 when Harry assumed he was a death eater. It worried me to see him like this, but I knew he would be fine once he was back with Julia.

"I'll see you at the shop." Harry said noticing that we were talking, but I didn't want to stay longer or I would give in and be on my knees like always. I shook my head no.

"We'd better go, I'll see you Friday." I said and now it felt like all the happiness was drained from me. We walked to the shop, and my mind started to drift away from Draco as I looked at all the cute animals.

I had picked out a lovely cat who so sweet and cute and reminded me of Ginny, Harry was very pleased with my choice because he seemed to be attached to her already, holding the cat in his arms petting her with his thumb making her purr.

Harry and I continued to walk around until we were finally sitting in the Leaky Cauldron, finishing up out butter beer and walking out to go back to his house, while he held the cat.