Chapter 20

Draco

It had been a few weeks since I followed Julia and Hermione, I didn't hear anything unfortunately, but Hermione seemed happy. It was a new year now, 2004, and I still haven't told Hermione I love her. Hermione and I spent New years at The burrow with the Weasley's and Potters which honestly was the best New years I've had, my family is always so boring and formal.

Hermione and I were sitting in her living room and babysitting the Potter kids. Hermione is currently playing with the three little boys while I'm laying down with Lily on my chest watching the telly.

"Okay loves, it's time for bed." Hermione said standing up and brushing herself off. I looked up at her with a smile which she returned. Albus held up his hands for Hermione to carry him and she did. Albus placed his head on her shoulder and James grabbed Hermione's hand and walked them to her spare room, while teddy stayed sitting on the floor for a bit longer.

Lily squirmed a bit until I rubbed her back soothingly. Hermione came back and Lily sat up and held up her hands to be picked up by her and Hermione smiled a sweet smile and took her gently and held her in her arms. Lily's head automatically fell onto Hermione shoulder making Hermione sway from side to side and hum a sweet tune.

"When Lily falls asleep, you're going to bed too, bear." Hermione said to teddy who nodded and continued to play with his toys.

Looking at Hermione put Lily to sleep made everything in me feel warm. Hermione placed her cheek on Lily's head and closed her eyes as she swayed and hummed. Although I haven't told her that I love her, I know I will soon, if I don't I'll explode. I watched Hermione rub the little girl's back and it made me think about how I can't wait to start a family with her.

I know she'll be an amazing mum, she's already so good to these kids and their not even hers, imagine what she'll be like with her own. Hermione opened her eyes and smiled at me.

"Can you see if she's sleeping?" She whispered not wanting to risk waking up lily or the now sleeping Teddy, she turned around for me to confirm that Lily was sleeping.

"Yeah." I said and Hermione nodded and smiled down at the sleeping boy.

"Do you mind taking him to bed?" She asked and I nodded.

"Of course." I said standing up from the couch and grabbed Teddy, and we walked to the spare room Hermione set down Lily in her little bed, and I set Teddy down right next to James and we walked out closing the door behind us. Hermione yawned as we stood in the hallway.

"You tired?" I asked and she nodded rubbing her eyes, I placed my arm around her shoulders and guided her to her room. She quickly changed into her pajamas and I did as well right after her and we laid down in bed. I turned off the light and I could still see her silhouette due to the moon shining in.

"Lily loves you." Hermione said with a slight laugh making me laugh as well.

"The boys love you." I said and I could see her smile, "I think you'll be a great mum one day." I added.

"I think you'll be an amazing dad." She whispered making me sigh, I don't think so.

"Do you really?" I asked and she propped her head onto her hand.

"What kind of question is that? Of course I do. Why would you ask that?" She asked and I shrugged.

"I don't want to end up like my father." I said and she sighed and started to run her fingers through my hair.

"You won't, you know what it's like to be loved and you know what it's like to give love, you take all the love and you put it into a baby. What you're father did does not define you and will not define you as a father." She said making me smile. I couldn't wait to have a baby with her.