My Girlfriend

"How about this one?" Dale pointed at the photo.

"Babe it's too tacky. And the colour looks disgusting."

"How about this?" he chuckled.

"I don't like the kitchen."

"This?"

"It looks like a funeral home." i said and he laughed.

We were recapping and eliminating houses we already looked at to see which one fits our criteria and so far, none of it did.

"We have one last house to look at."

"Where's it located?"

"In the suburbs."

"Let's go then." he started the car and pulled off.

We went to the last house and saw John, our realtor, waiting on us. We got out and entered the house with him at which he started showing us around and explaining how old the house was and so far, it was good and i was loving it.

Dale and i spoke about it in private and he bought it instantly. He was now signing the papers and i was still looking around at how lovely and elegant everything is. The house held 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a family room as well as a laundry room. And it had only a backyard and no pool.

I wanted to start a family with him but we haven't spoken about it. At the moment he was focusing on teaching and taking care of us and i was focused on finishing college. Dale made me realise that i too have goals and atleast wanted to accomplish something. I've never thought about the future and he made me actually think about what i wanted to do with my life.

I stood on the balcony in me and Dale's room and looked at our new backyard and the plants that was at the side. I only felt him hug me from behind and kiss the back of my ear.

"When are you ready for us to move in?" he ask as i turned in his arms to look at him.

"Today?" i grinned.

"How much time you got left until you leave for class?"

I looked at the silver watch he bought me a few months ago. "An hour."

"We can head down to ikea and pick out stuff, then have them arrange it for us. Or you want to arrange it yourself?"

"They can do it." i bit my lips and looked at him. "Thank you."

"For what?" he chuckled and pressed himself on me.

"For giving me a chance."

"I didn't necessarily gave you a chance. I like you from before but was only scared."

"Scared for what?"

"Everything. If i wasn't good enough for you because you were pretty hyped. Young and hype. You were of all that and always in the light but i just kept my grounds and put up a wall. Besides, i didn't want Teresa to cuss me out. I'd rock her shit in." he said and i laughed.

"Babe." i pecked his lips.

"Maybe i was hype. But that was only because my best friend was in town at the time so i wanted to spend time with her before she leaves."

"I see." he hugged me and placed his face in my neck, inhaling my scent.

He kissed my neck occasionally as we just stood there in each other's embraced and clear our minds.

We meditated a few times ever since we started dating; and to clear our minds, we'd just sit in the room without any distractions for an hour and just clear our minds of negativity. We prayed all the time for ourselves and each other as well as asking God that we stay together as well as some peace of mind so we could go on through the week or the month.