Zoey

Walking from the bathroom, a smile was plastered on my face. I threw my phone on the bed and began getting dressed. It was 9 in the morning and i was as happy as God made me.

Zoey walked in the room dressed as well as Zahir with a smile on her face as well.

"Why you smiling like that?" i smirked at her.

"I'd ask you the same question." she laid Zahir on the bed.

"I'm happy, that's why."

"Well i can say the same. I'm happy too." she pecked my lips before getting her stuff.

Today was the day my baby would be graduating and i couldn't be any prouder. We've been through so much together and even though we had sad times, i was happy for them because it was what made us into what we are today; a married couple.

We were now heading to the mall so she can get a dress and was parked up in the parking lot.

"$10,000." she said.

"I have $12,000. So in all it's $22,000."

"What we need?" she ask.

"Gas and food. So that's roughly $2500 for two months."

"Okay so what's the budget for today?"

"No budget today. Get what you want."

"Are you sure?" she rose her brows.

"I am. It's no budget on your special day."

"Thanks babe." she pecked my lips.

"You're welcome."

Zoey placed the little notepad and pen inside the glove compartment and we got out. I took Zahir from his carseat and held him in my arms then locked up.

We entered the mall and it was a bit croweded in some areas but it was fine. I held Zoey's hand and while we made our way to the store she wanted to got to, she was telling me the kind of dress she wanted. And as a man, her husband at that, i don't know what she was talking about but i tried my very best to visualize what i think she's talking about and correspond with her.

We made it to the first store and Zoey immediately fell in love with a dress she really liked. I sat infront of the dressing room she was in and waited with Zahir.

"Babe it's a little tight." i heard her say.

"Tight where?"

"My ass."

"Let me see it." i chuckled.

She came out and she looked stunning. She did a little 360 and i was shocked. It was a white dress that sucked to her body and it fell off her shoulder.

"Where you said was tight again?"

"Babe my ass. I think it's gotten fat." she giggled.

"You think?" i squeezed her ass.

"You think i should take a size up?"

"As long as you're comfortable in it."

"Thanks."

Zoey got a different size and she showed me the dress. We sat there and discussed it for no reason because she was iffy about how much it will cost.

"Babe i promise. It's fine. Buy the dress and stop spazzing out." i chuckled.

"I'm not. I'm concerned. $250?"

"Don't be concerned about this one. Buy it."

She sighed and stood. We walked to the register to cash out our items and i pulled out my wallet with my credit card to purchase the dress. Once i did, we walked out of the store with the item.