Birthday Twin

I kissed her lips softly so she would wake up and in no time, she did. A smile graced her face as i kiss her lips again.

"Happy birthday beautiful." i handed her a box with a bow on it.

"Thank you. Same to you too baby." she smiled. "I thought you were my gift."

"I am. I just felt to gift this to you. Open it."

She opened the box and there laid a tiny gold chain with both our names on it in the infinity sign.

"Is this real gold? It's heavy."

"It is." i grinned.

"I thought you didn't have any money."

"I don't but it doesn't hurt to buy my girlfriend a present for her birthday."

"Thank you. I really appreciate this." she hugged me after placing a kiss on my lips.

"You're welcome."

"I didn't get you anything though."

"Baby you good. I have all i need right here." i hugged her kissed her lips over and over again.

We stayed like that for a while until she pulled away to observe the chain some more. I took it from her and moved her hair so i could place it around her neck.

"You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

"Birthday sex?" i smiled.

"No." she shook her head.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm not in the mood for sex. I'm sorry." she pouted.

"It's fine." i sighed and laid back in the bed while she went to the bathroom. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was 7 in the morning and i wouldn't leave for work until 9. It was crazy that even though it was my birthday, i still had to go in for work.

Zoey's phone rang under her pillow and i picked it up, seeing that a Sophie was calling her so i answered.

"Hello?" i spoke

"Ouu.. Who dis?"

"Who's this?" i ask.

"I ask first." she said.

"Who you want?"

"The owner of the phone. That's who i called."

"Zoey!" i yelled.

"Yeah."

"Come get your rude ass friend."

"What?" she came from the bathroom. I handed her the phone and she took it. Meanwhile, i went ahead and ordered breakfast for us.

*

"Hey stranger."

"Don't hey stranger me. Why haven't you called me?"

"I did you. You were busy." i dried my face and moved my hair from my face.

"These bills ain't paying themselves little girl. Who's that little boy you with?"

"He's not a little boy." i rolled my eyes at the fact that she called every guy I'm with, a little boy. "He's my boyfriend. My mother's ex boyfriend to be exact."

"That darkskin fine ass?" she gasp.

"Yup."

"How'd you do it?"

I shrugged. "Just be me."

"Hm. I see you. Anyways. I'm calling to let you know that I'm flying out tonight so we could celebrate. You know i never miss your birthday."