Little Things Matter

I sat in the middle of Dale and I bed in only a tube top and my underwear. I had just taken a shower and did my hygiene, and was now ordering more clothes for my baby and Dale. I've been ordering clothes from 5 this morning and it's now 10.

Dale was already at work and i couldn't wait for him to come home. I always had this feeling of anticipation waiting for him to come home everyday. He always makes me happy no matter what and even though we're not rich, he still manage to give me the world and everything in it. It's the small things that matter.

My phone rang somewhere on the bed and i sighed because now i have to move from the spot i was in. I eventually found it under Dale's pillow and answered it before the person hung up.

"Good morning princess." he said and i immediately knew who it was.

"Hi daddy." i blushed. I've never gotten to see my father everyday and when he does come around, he made it feel like he's been around everyday of my life. Unlike Teresa.

"Just checking on my princess. Where are you?"

"Dad I'm home."

"Funny cause I'm parked up infront of it, knocked and everything and no one answered. Are you lying to me."

"I moved. I failed to mention it."

"Hmm. I see those checks coming in handy. You hungry? What you want?"

"Uhh... I don't know. I'm not really hungry. But I'm hungry."

He laughed. "I'll find something. Send me your address."

"Okay." i smiled and hung up.

I sent my father my address then got dressed in just a shorts and one of Dale's t-shirt because it was the closest thing i could find and i was too tired to look for something to wear. I picked up my phone and computer then wobbled downstairs.

I felt so heavy like i would break the staircase because carrying a baby wasn't easy. I wouldn't be surprise if my baby had a big ass head like his daddy.

I was currently on the phone with my baby since he was on break and he wanted to talk to me. Meanwhile, i was making a bowl of cereal because it was the only thing there at the moment.

Hanging up after a long, sensual conversation, i wiped my tears and sniffled. Though he told me to stop crying, i couldn't. I swear eversince i got pregnant, the simplest and most loving things Dale said to me, made me cry. I wanted to kiss him so bad but he's so far away.

The doorbell rang and i got up to put my bowl down. I'm sure my face was a mess at the moment but i didn't care. I went to get the door and there stood one of my father's bodyguard. He greeted me and walked in to search the house and he gave the go ahead.

"Princess." my father gave me that loving smile and embraced me in a hug. "How's peanut butter doing?" he ask and i frowned. "What?"

"Daddy it's a boy."

"So? It's my first grandson, I'm entitled to call him whatever i want."

By now we were sitting in the couch and his bodyguards were on both side of the room being on alert as usual. I looked at my father and a smile appeared on my face as i watch him take his shoe and jacket off.

"Daddy i miss you."

"I miss you more princess. And i apologize for my absence on half of your life. It's just that work never ends. I just happen to get a little freetime today."

"Daddy you don't have to explain. I understand and I'm not mad at you. Atleast you write me."

"Speaking of write, i saw that last letter you sent me and i want to meet that little boyfriend of yours."