My Wife, My Pride

It's been two weeks since we had the baby and Zoey haven't said one word to me after the little conversation we had. Eversince then, I've been searching for jobs and haven't gotten one call but i won't give up.

Being a father is very challenging because i have to be awake whenever Zahir is awake and all that stuff but it all takes time.

I walked in the room with Zahir in my arms and saw that Zoey was getting dressed to go somewhere.

"Where you going?" i ask, knowing i probably won't get an answer.

"Out." she mumbled.

"Zoey don't you think this is childish?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"This. All of this malice thing."

"I still don't know what you're talking about."

I sighed and looked down at Zahir who was looking up at me.

"I apologized for what i said or did but i can handle us Zoey. That's what I'm trying to tell you."

"And you have too much pride Dale. It's gonna kill you. So what if you're providing for us? I appreciate it, but it doesn't hurt to ask. He won't say no. We're running low on food and we're on a budget. None of us is working and we have bills and a baby to take care of. I don't know what you wanna do but you better figure something out or stick with what I'm telling you." she said before picking up her purse and keys.

She kissed Zahir's face before leaving, not even looking at me. It wasn't long until i heard the door slam and the car starting.

Since her graduation was tomorrow, i figured she was getting things done and preparing herself. So now i was all alone with little man.

"What you wanna do today sir?" i played with his hands. "You wanna see grandma? Then that's what we're about to do." i kissed all over his face.

Zoey had fed him earlier so i knew he wasn't hungry. I laid him on the bed and barred pillows around him before taking a shower.

When i was done, i brushed my teeth and requested an uber which won't arrive until the next 15 minutes. We couldn't afford two cars so we had to stick with what we had and interchange it whenever. I got dressed in a pair of jeans, white t-shirt and jordans and a jacket. Put on some accessories and cologne then picked up Zahir and went in his room.

I gave him a bath and dress him the same way i was dressed.

"Put a little hat on your tiny head." i mumbled, adjusting his hat. "Then your big head ass mom talking bout my head's big." i said and somehow he laughed, putting a smile on my face. I quickly fixed his baby bag with the necessity he was gonna need for the day and place him in his carseat.

Finally we were ready. I had his bag on my shoudler and his carseat in my hand. I knew i was gonna have a problem with him being in the carseat because he doesn't like it but i made it as comfortable for him as possible so he seems chill right now.

The uber arrived and i got in, making my way to my moms.

When i got there, she didn't waste no time in taking Zahir from me. She was all over him, reading him stories, feeding him, talking to him and telling him about me while knitting.

I took that time to sleep because i needed it. And a few hours wouldn't hurt.

"You're a father now." my mom said while changing Zahir's clothes.

"I know." i sighed and ran my hand down my face. I had just woken up from a 6 hour nap and felt tired as ever.

"How has it been so far?"