Mr. Miller

150 minutes.

That's how long I've been jogging for. If not then it's more. I've been over thinking this and look where it got me. Jobless. I did my best and even then, they still let me go. I had a family to provide for and i didn't want my wife to stress. But i know she's gonna need an answer as to why i was so moody last night.

I stopped at the sidewalk and crouched down, taking a breather. I jog when I'm upset about something or want to get something off my mind. But this never seem to leave. What am i gonna do?

I walked across the road and made my way home. I was kicking rocks at this moment, something my father told me not to do before he died.

When i got home, my baby was still asleep. She was the only thing that could make me relax at this moment. I took a shower and laid behind her, feeling relieved already. I rubbed her belly in a circular motion, feeling my son slightly kicking. When he first did it, Zoey and i was in awe for the whole day. It amazes me.

She was due to have baby next week and i was past excited. Now that i was gonna be home for quite some time, i can put all my focus on them.

"Babe." she mumbled.

"Hm?"

"I don't feel good."

"What's wrong?"

She took a while a answer as she was trying to sit up so i helped her.

"I'm in so much pain." she whispered, tears now flowing from her eyes.

"You wanna go yo the hospital?" i panicked.

"Where else am i gonna go?" she looked at me as if i was dumb.

"Right."

I quickly put a shirt and sneakers on and helped her off the bed after putting a sandals on her feet.

By the time we were downstairs, she was crying hysterically and her water had broke. I was freaking out. We went through this already but i was lost now. I ended up running back upstairs to get a pair of sweats for her after cleaning her up.

In no time, we made it to the hospital and was now in a room.

I walked back to her room from talking with our doctor and watched as she was seated on the bed in a hospital gown. The nurse was placing needles in her hand. She didn't flinch or anything. She was now laying down in bed and i was by her side, rubbing her hands.

"How you feeling." i ask.

"This is weird. But I'm actually feeling good. I can't wait to see him."

"I can say the same."

"What did the doctor say?"

"He said you're in labor obviously and you're only 2 centimeters dilated."

"Only two?" she frowned.

"Yeah."

"It's gonna be a lomg night. He wasn't suppose to even come until next week. I'm still happy. You brought the stuff we packed and the car seat?"

"Shit. I forgot."

"Baby we talked about this." she looked at me.

"I know. I'm sorry. We were rushing and i wasn't focusing. I'm gonna get them now. You want anything?" i stood and she looked at me.

"A subway sandwich and a water."

"Got it." i said and i was on my way to get the baby bag and her food.

When i got everything, in no time i was back at the hospital where my baby was sleeping on her side. By what the doctor told me when i came in, she was now 3 centimetres dilated and it was only 8 am. So i had to sit and wait on my little mans arrival.