six

*Brooklyn*

I watch from my place on the hospital bed as Zach and the boys argue outside. The argument is short and when they all come back in, I look at them with a worried expression. Zach grabs his notepad and starts scribbling words. I hate that this is the way we have to communicate. 

He reaches over and places the small pad in my hands.

The boys are going to go back to the hotel. Is it okay that I stay since you're mom left?

 I smile up at the brown haired boy and nod. Daniel walks over to me and wraps his arms around my neck. He places a small kiss to my forehead before waving good bye. Then Jack pulls me into a hug. Jonah follows after him who is followed by Corbyn. They wave goodbye to Zach before leaving the hospital room. 

"Are you tired? Do you need water?" Zach asks. It's insane how goo I've gotten at lip reading already. I shake my head to both of his questions. He sits in the seat next to the bed and takes my hand in his. He draws patterns on it as he whispers things I can't catch. 

That night, Doctors come in every so often and ask for my mom. It sucks that she's not here but the anger she had towards the boys was unbearable. They aren't to blame for any of this. No one could predict that this was going to happen. 

I wake up the next morning to my phone flashing. I don't pay attention to my surroundings as I pick my phone up and check it. 

***

@seaveydaniel: Thought this was cute how they fell asleep this way

@seaveydaniel: Thought this was cute how they fell asleep this way. Zach hasn't left her side since after the concert last night. 

Comments disabled

***

I look up to see the 4 band mates smiling back at me. 

"How are you feeling?" Daniel asks. I reply with good as I look down at Zach. He was still asleep, his hand resting on my head and his other arm resting on mine which was draped over his stomach.

"I hate to say this but we need to steal him for the concert," Corbyn sighs. I nod and shake the sleeping boy next to me. He wipes his eyes before looking down at me. He smiles at me before turning his attention to the 4 boys standing in the room. Jonah says something to him which causes him to frown but nod.

"I'll be back after the concert," Zach tells me. I nod and thank him for caring for me. He hugs me tightly before leaving with the boys. 

An hour after the boys leave, a doctor comes in telling me that he's been thinking about fitting me for hearing aids, I wouldn't be able to actually hear again but I'd be able to pick up more than I can now. I agree to his offer only to be notified that it would take a few months before they were ready.

I find that the majority of my day is spent counting down the minutes to Zach's return.

---

Okay so just to clarify. When I say stuff like 'Corbyn says' obviously Brooklyn can't hear. She's reading lips. I just didn't know how else to write it.