thirteen

*Brooklyn*

"Baby!" I exclaim as I run over to his side. He flinches at my sudden contact and I instantly stand back, hoping I didn't hurt him.

"Brooke?" He questions, squinting at me. I nod. 

"Hi baby boy," I whisper, reaching down to place a kiss to his forehead. 

"Are the other boys okay?" He questions, trying to sit up but wincing in pain. He lays back down once he realizes he wont be able to sit up. 

"Just a few cuts a bruises but they'll be okay," I tell him through a small smile and tears in my eyes. 

"Don't cry, Princess," He mumbles as he reaches up and wipes my tears away. 

"God I missed hearing your voice," I whisper, cuddling my face into his hand. 

"What?" Confusion takes over his features. I explain the hearing aid situation and he smiles for the first time since the accident. Seeing his smile even makes me smile even harder. Almost as soon as his smile appears, Tyler rushes into the room with the 4 boys behind him. 

"We have to cancel the tour we were planning," Tyler mumbles to Zach.

"No!" Zach exclaims, jumping up in the bed and nearly crying from the pain caused by his actions. 

"Brooke, can you leave the room?" Tyler asks me. I nod and walk out of the room. I spend almost an hour outside of the room as they talk about what they were going to do.

"Brooke?" A girl from the room over calls. I look over at her. She didn't seem familiar but she recognized me somehow. "I'm Giana, you probably don't remember me but we met at the Why Don't We concert. How are you feeling?" She asks.

"I'm... hanging in there," I mumble. She frowns.

"You're a hero. Seriously. You are so strong and I admire you," She says as she pulls me into a hug. As soon as she pulls away, Daniel comes out. She looks over at him, completely starstruck. 

"Dani, this is Giana," I say, introducing them. Giana squeals and pulls him into a hug. They have a little conversation as I walk back into the room, knowing that I was welcome again.

"We've decided we're going to post pone the starting date of the tour. We have to make sure that Zach makes a clear recovery and that he's 100% ready to get back on stage. Doctors said that transporting him back to LA isn't in his best interest so we are going to have to stay local. Daniel, Jack, Corbyn, Jonah and I will stay in a hotel whereas Zach will be spending a few nights here and then the rest of his recovery time will be spent at Brooke's house, of course only if it's okay with your mother," Tyler says. I nod.

"She shouldn't have a problem with that. And I'll make sure Zach is up and ready to be back on stage in no time," I smile. He nods and everyone slowly leaves the room, leaving me alone with my boyfriend.

"I know it's going to be a hard recovery process, but I promise to be with you every step of the way, okay?" I say, sitting in the chair next to him.

"Thank you, Brooke," He whispers, looking at me through nearly closed eyes. 

"Get some rest, love. You'll feel better if you take a nap," I tell him. He nods and is almost instantly asleep. While he is sleeping, I take the time to check on everyone else and make sure they were okay. As I do so, only one question sticks in my mind. 

Why was Zach the only one with really bad injuries and everyone else was nearly perfectly fine?

---

Hi! This book absolutely sucks. I'm sorry :( I might not continue writing it. I'm not sure what I'm going to do though. Let me know your opinions on what I should do in the comments.