eight

*Brooklyn*

Zach touches my hand still on his cheek, snapping me out of my day dream. I blink a few times, staring blankly at him. 

"You okay?" He questions. I nod as I take a deep breath as I remove my hand from his face. His natural rosy cheeks seemed to be redder.

"Do you want to continue?" He asks. I nod, trying to calm myself. If I didn't take the time with Zach to learn, I would just be clueless. 

We go through the basic signs, trying to refresh my memory. The rest of the boys show up later to take Zach away. He kisses my forehead before leaving. I end up sleeping while he's gone. 

My phone starts blowing up next to me, the flashing lights and vibrating scares me. I grab the phone and look through the comments. 

There are a bunch of videos from the show tonight. I watch a few of them and read the captions. 

Zach started crying while singing Boomerang. Was this because it was the last song that his friend, Brooklyn, heard before being rushed to the hospital? We'll wait to find out.

Zach's crying cause Boomerang was the last song Brooklyn heard, my heart can't take this cuteness!

Brooke is in our prayers!

 I check the person that posted the last one. 

"MYTA HERRON?!" I read aloud. I look around the room to find Zach standing in the doorway.

"What did my mom do?" He asks, using sign language. I show him my phone which makes him laugh. 

"You're such a fangirl." He rolls his eyes. 

"You love it," I smirk. He rolls his eyes. 

"So why were you crying on stage?" I ask.

"A-uh- bug flew in my eye," He lies. I roll my eyes.

"The truth?" I giggle. 

"I just hit me. Boomerang was the last song you ever heard us sing. You went to our concert to have an amazing time and ended up losing your hearing. We took that from you. We destroyed your life." Tears glisten in his eyes. I shake my head.

"You didn't ruin my life, Zach. Think, if I never fainted, you never would have talked to me after that night. Things happen for a reason. Maybe there was a reason I lost my hearing. Maybe I'm here to prepare you for something big. Or maybe you'll be in need of a friend a long the line. That's what I'm here for. You sure as hell didn't ruin my life. If losing my hearing meant I got to talk to the Zach Herron for the rest of my life, I would gladly be deaf. I'm just rambling. I should stop," I laugh at my rambling. He smiles.

He says something I don't catch. When I ask him to repeat, he ignores me and changes the subject.

What did he say?

---

I have no ideas, oops.