Chapter 10: Homesick

Dear Cedric,

I can't believe I miss you this much already. It must have something to do with the fact that I spent every moment with you since we started. (You snore no matter what you think!). Honestly, I'm finding it hard to sleep without having your arms wrapped around me. I felt so secure those last few nights in the hospital. I talked to my Mum and Dad and you can visit whenever you'd like. They can't wait to meet you! Mum is practically in a cleaning frenzy, setting up for your arrival. I told them both all about the tournament (Even though they didn't understand it) and they respect you even more for overcoming those obstacles. We can make this work. I truly believe it. Just a look from you and all my doubts go away. You changed me, Cedric, I hope you know that.

Anxiously awaiting your reply,

Hermione xx
------------------------
Dear Anxiously Awaiting (I mean my Hermione),

Words cannot express the depth to which I miss you. My actions on our last meeting alone should prove it. I simply needed to kiss you, and my parents being in our presence in the hospital put a damper on that plan. Then I was struck with the idea to come to the courtyard where I knew you'd be saying goodbye to your friends. Just the thought of that kiss and it's as if I can feel your lips on mine again. I am going to do this the right way. We began our relationship a bit out of sorts really, but now that I know my feelings are requited we're going old school. It will be hard (pun intended) but I want to truly know you the next time our bodies join. Contrary to what you believe, you evil minx, I do not snore. You, however, reach out to me in your sleep and it is adorable as hell. I shall make plans to visit sometime next month though I hope not much of you has changed since I'm completely taken by you just as you are.

Besotted as ever,

Cedric.
------------------------
Miss Granger,

It is in Harry's best interest that you do not attempt to contact him this holiday. I have asked Mr. Weasley to do the same and I hope you both will honor my wishes. I shall be in contact soon.

Albus Dumbledore
------------------------
I reread the letter for the hundredth time this summer. I'd received it with my owl just as I was about to write my first letter to Harry. Now, a month later, the words hurt me. Harry was certainly alone when he was at the Dursley's. He needed the companionship of his friends until he could see us, and now we were being forced to not contact him. I understood why, of course-it was a way to protect Harry as well as ourselves- but what hurt me was the coldness in Dumbledore's words. No greeting. No kind words. Just a request and promise of further details.

It was the letter I was staring at when I heard the soft sound of tires pulling up in front of my small house. My eyes shot up just in time to take in his figure exiting the cab. He was dressed in casual slacks and a sweater vest with a burgundy tie. He looked adorable.

I watched as he paid the cab driver after removing his suitcase from the trunk. The second he turned to me I was halfway to his arms. He gripped me and lifted my body above him and spinning us around in circles. He pulled my body down slightly so our mouths could join and my hands gripped his hair.

Letter forgotten. My boyfriend was here.

His tongue licked along my bottom lip and I opened up to him as he placed my feet softly on the ground. Cedric's hand gripped around my waist flushing my body against his. A light moan escaped my lips as I felt his muscles retract against my body and I felt his hardness at my stomach.

Cedric pulled away. "Hello, flower. I missed you."

"I missed you, too." My hands were massaging the base of his neck as his hands still gripped my waist.