Chapter 17: Disloyalty

Harry brushed us off as well as Ron and he usually did, and I requested that he do the only thing I could think of-write to Sirius. If Harry would trust anyone during these tumultuous times it would be his godfather. Many of the times I spent returning to the common room I found Harry deep in his parchment writing away. I took solace in the fact that he at least trusted one person with his problems.

Luna even tried to talk to Harry which made me smile. It was only after she suggested that Voldermort would want Harry to feel truly cut off-because he wouldn't be much of threat-that I started seeing him turn around and begin to engage us more. It wasn't the same but I was desperate and would take anything.

Cedric and I met daily, whether it was to study in the library or in one of the quiet halls of Hogwarts to fool around. As he walked me to classes there were always the glances and confused looks on people's faces, but I paid them no mind. I was happy and in love. Nothing was going to bring me down.

One day while studying in the library I felt Cedric's hand brush over my thigh in the gentlest manner. My body instantly froze and I was pretty sure I reread the same sentence twelve times in a row. His delicate fingers were inching closer and closer up my pleated skirt and my breathing was escalating with each millimeter.

Worried, I began looking all around me. We were pretty much alone in the vacant library. Students were scattered, but it was an off day and we were in the far back at a wooden table enclosed by three bookcases. Still the thought that someone could walk in at any time as his fingers neared closer to where I both wanted him and needed him was causing my heart rate to peak at an alarming rate.

Cedric leaned over and pushed my hair over my shoulder to whisper low in my ear, "I want you but you must be very quiet."

"Cedric," I hushed, "we're in a library! We could get caught at any moment."

"Where's your sense of adventure, Miss Granger?"

I half made a sound of protest and a much muffled moan as his fingers rubbed over the thin cotton material of my underwear. What had I been saying? This beyond sexy and charming man wanted to have his hands in my knickers and maybe eventually complete a very dark fantasy of mine. What had Professor Trelawney said about me two years ago? Something about my heart being as shriveled as an old maid's and my soul as dry as the pages of the books to which I so desperately cleave? Well, it looks like I'll be adhering to more than books in this library.

Cedric's mouth drifted down to my neck as he nipped and sucked along the length of it. I was doing my damned-est to keep my sounds in check so as to not alert the entire hall to what was going on in the back. His hands moved from between my thighs and gripped my hips as I pushed my chair out. Within seconds I was straddling him, feeling his hardness rub against my most sensitive spot.

My hands worked their way into his hair as I brought his mouth to mine. Our tongues moved together and his hands gripped the underside of my thighs. With every movement of our bodies I was graciously rewarded. His hips knew just the right angle to bring me closer to him.

Inspiration must have struck because suddenly he lifted us and brought my back against the bookcase. My arms wrapped around his neck as he went between us to push aside my underwear and fumble with his slacks. He freed himself and after rubbing his tip against me he immersed himself inside and I wrapped my legs tightly around him. Cedric's arms gripped the bookcase as he moved in an out of me. I hoped against hope that these bookcases could withstand the passion to which he was expressing to me right now.

Here in this library I was surrounded by all the things I loved.

Cedric's hands moved to grab the arms that I had wrapped tightly around his neck and he held them over my head as he covered his mouth with mine. The feeling that stirred up in me was something I had grown accustom to after months with Cedric. It spread out from deep inside me and curled my toes and made my hands ball up into tight little fists.