Chapter 14: Tough

"All aboard the Hogwarts Express!"

We all raced toward the train and I kissed the Diggory's and the Weasley's goodbye. Harry was still off talking to Sirius who foolishly came here to see his godson off. It was a sweet gesture but if the wrong person saw him-or recognized the familiar black dog-we would all be in trouble. I hung around by the entry door and watched as Mrs. Diggory hugged her son. Mr. Diggory messed up his hair before giving him a pat on the back and sending him off in my direction. He was holding his duffle as well as my own, despite my protests, and when he approached me he smiled.

"Still no Harry?"

I shook my head. "He's going to miss the train."

He kissed my cheek. "He'll make it."

Just then I saw Harry walking towards the train. Ron stepped next to me when he saw Harry approaching but then Harry stopped and looked strangely past us. We all turned to look but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Harry shook it off and the three of us went to enter the train. Ron walked right in and began putting away his things on the overhead compartment and the rest of us followed suit. When we finished, Ron and Harry were sitting talking animatedly about Harry's trial and I had my legs under me as I leaned on Cedric's shoulder.

"They were just about to expel me when Dumbledore showed up with Mrs. Figg who testified that she saw the Dementors attacking Dudley and me. They claimed me innocent and Dumbledore just walked away without saying anything."

Ron spoke up. "Did Dumbledore mention that he thought Voldermort sent the Dementors?"

"Of course." Harry shook his head in disbelief. "Fudge wouldn't hear any of it, naturally."

"I wonder what Dumbledore is up to." Cedric stated. "First he tells Hermione and Ron to cut off contact with you and then he doesn't speak to you after the trial. There must be a good reason."

"Hopefully I figure it out soon. There is a lot I need to talk to him about."

I nudged Cedric and he got the hint. "Harry, I've been having nightmares about that night. You wouldn't be having any too, would you?"

"Every night." Harry's voice was grave. "I can't escape him it seems."

Cedric nodded knowingly. "It'll get better. I've been having mine less and less."

"I hope your right."

Harry seemed so lost and as Cedric thumbed through the Daily Prophet I watched as Harry pulled a folded up picture from his pocket. He stared at it as if all the hope in the world rested in it. When he placed it down on his lap I got a peek at what it was. It was the picture of the very first Order of the Phoenix. Harry was staring at his parents.

"It's horrible how many of them didn't make it." I breathed.

Harry's face shot up. "You know what this is?"

"Cedric's parents had a copy. They showed it to us before we left for Headquarters."

Cedric put down his paper and leaned over, pointing to his parents in the photo. Harry thumbed over his parents again and I could feel him retreating back within himself. I looked up at Cedric who kissed the top of my head.

"You look like your father, you know." He whispered. "They would be proud of you. For rescuing me, for all the good you've done for the school."

"You don't owe me anything, Cedric."

"That's where you're wrong. I owe you my life and sanity a thousand times over." I could feel tears springing to my eyes as Cedric continued. "I know I'm older and not in the same house but if you need to talk I'm here."