Chapter 35: Wedding

The sky was a mess of blurs. I fought off several Death Eaters; injuring at least two and possibly killing another before Voldemort started to pursue us. Cedric and I fought in unison fighting him off before he suddenly disappeared. We didn't waste time before heading to Ron's Aunt Muriel to take a portkey to the Burrow. We reached the Burrow completely shaken.

As the others rushed towards us, Lupin runs with his wand pointed out. Shocked, I watched Cedric do the same.

"The last words Dumbledore spoke to us?" Cedric asked.

"'Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him.'" They both lowered their wands.

"What gave you away?" Cedric asked Harry, obviously figuring out Voldermorts disappearance faster than me.

"Hedwig-I think. She was trying to protect me."

"Oh, Harry." I said and I rushed to hug him.

The yard glowed blue and the rest of the group appeared. Harry rushed toward Ron followed by a chipper Luna who kissed him immediately.

"Deserves that. Brilliant, he was. Wouldn't be standing here without him." Tonks voice called out in the darkness, full of gratitude.

We all returned into the Burrow to nurse George's ear and listened to Bill explain Mad-Eye's death and Mundungous' disappearance.

"Mad-Eye reckoned You-Know-Who would expect the real Harry to be with the most skilled Auror. He knew he'd be in the most danger." Lupin stated when silence filled the room.

Mr. Weasley shook his head in disbelief. "It doesn't explain how they knew we were moving Harry tonight."

Silence filled the room and none of dared to voice the one though we all shared.

Hagrid was the only one with enough courage. "Wha'? One of us? Tha's mad. I'd wager me life it wasn' none of you lot. An' if it was me I'd kno', wouldn' I? Talk in me sleep on occasion, I'll admit, but there's only Fang aroun' ter hear an' mostly it's gibberish an' besides I'd cut me tongue out 'fore 'd betray 'arry e'en in me dreams-" He stopped, blinking miserable.

We all smiled and erupted into laughter.

"Wha's so funny!"

Harry relaxed enough to speak. "I trust you with my life, Hagrid. I trust everyone in this room. Understood?"

Lupin smiled. "Understood."

"'Ear, 'ear." George yelled out.

We all busted out into laughter again.
------------------------
Deep in sleep I felt the bed give way. I groggily woke and noticed Cedric crawling back into our bed. He pulled me close to him.

"Where did you go running off to?"

He kissed the top of my head. "Nothing you need to worry about now. Go back to sleep. I'm sorry I woke you."

"Tell me or I'm going to think you're off having an affair with one of Fleur's Veela bridesmaids."

Cedric chuckled. "Harry was trying to go searching for horcruxes on his own."

"What!"

"Shh! You're going to wake the whole house." He calmed me. "He's back in bed, I promise."

"Is he crazy?" I shook my head. "How did you get him to come back?"

"Reminded that he wouldn't be able to get very far without you."

"Sure." I answered while I attempted to snuggle back into the nook.

He maneuvered until we were both comfortable. "It's the truth. Now go to sleep we have a big day tomorrow."

"I'm awake now."