Ch.2 The Encounter

Adrien didn't know what to do. He was a cat! He couldn't go home like this! He ran out of the alleyway. He didn't know where he was going, but he was hoping he could find someone he knew. It was late at night and barely anyone was out, let alone anyone he recognized.

"What are you going to do even if you do recognize someone?" Plagg asked.

Adrien thought about it. What would he do? He could only speak in meows, they wouldn't be able to understand him.

Adrien felt a drop on his head. He looked up, only to be greeted by a few more! It had begun raining. Adrien looked around him for a cover and saw a cardboard box and he ran to it and got in it just as it begin pouring. Adrien sighed and tried to get comfortable. It was going to be a long night.

Marinette looked out of her window, worried for her partner.

"Maybe I could go and check one more time?" She asked herself. She was about to transform when Tikki stopped her.

"Marinette, there would be no point right now. You searched the entire city to no avail, and now it's raining. The rain would limit your vision and your movement. Maybe Cat Noir is at home right now! You can continue the search tomorrow, but right now, the best thing you can do is sleep," Tikki advised.

Marinette took one last long look out the window and then sighed. Tikki was right, she wouldn't be able to get much done in this storm. Marinette laid in her bed and tried to go to sleep, but she couldn't. She was to worried about cat noir. She looked up at the ceiling.

Maybe he really was at home. Maybe he was sound asleep without a care in the world. That's was she hoped was the truth. But her instincts told her this was something more, that he was indeed in trouble.

Unknown to her, she was right.

Natalie walked towards Gabriel Agreste's office. She paused in front of the door, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Come in" Gabriel said

"Sir, we have a problem." She said

"I'm not a patient man Natalie, what's the problem?" He asked

"It's Adrien. He is missing," Natalie said.

Gabriel paused. He knew she wouldn't bring it up to him if it wasn't serious.

"Have you tracked his phone?" Gabriel asked

"Yes, it seemed all his things were just outside of the school," Natalie said.

Gabriel paused. Adrien wouldn't run away, this was serious.

"Notify the police. I want my son found, understood?" Gabriel said.

"Yes, sir," Natalie said and left the room to go notify the police.

Gabriel walked in front of a large painting of him and Adrien.

"Son, you can't disappear. Not you too," he said.

The next morning, Marinette woke up really early. She couldn't sleep, she was too worried about her partner. She looked out her window, it was still pouring.

She didn't care. She needed to find him.

"Tikki spots on!" Marinette said.

Ladybug transformed and went about looking through the city, she kept trying to call him as well, but no response. As she looked through the city, she noticed and abnormal amount of police officers were out, and it looked like they were searching for something.

Or someone

She dropped down and went to go talk to an officer. As she got closer, she realized it was Sabrina's dad.