Ch. 9 Sweet Dreams

Marinette couldn't sleep that night, her thoughts plagued with that dream. Before she knew it, it was morning. Marinette was exhausted from being unable to sleep, but tried to push sleep from her thoughts. She hasn't been sleeping a lot lately, her thoughts were plagued with to many worries about Adrien and Cat Noir.

"Morning Cat," She said to her furry black companion.

He meowed a hello.

Marinette fed him a croissant and then made her up way to school, meanwhile leaving cat staring at her leave.

"Alright Adrien, what's the plan?" Plagg asked

What do you mean ''what's the plan?' Adrien asked Plagg

Well, we aren't just gonna sit here all day are we? I don't know about you but there's a lot of things we can do. Like try to open the fridge for cheese or-"

We are not doing anything of the sort Adrien said, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Instead, Adrien looked around Marinette's room. He found several sheets of paper scattered across her desk.

Now, curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back. He began to search through the papers, curious as to what Marinette had been doing. When she was working on these, she was always extremely deep in thought. At first, he thought she was working on a new design, but the more he watched her the more improbable that became. He looked at the papers.

The first one had his name on it. It read

Where is Adrien?

He started to read the sheet. It was théories of where he disappeared to. He quickly skimmed through all the theories, but the last one caught his eye. It was a theory of how Cat noir and Adrien disappearance were connected and that Cat noir knew where he was. Adrien hoped Marinette didn't connect the dots that Adrien and cat noir were one. Next he went on to the next sheer. As he read his eyes widened.

This one was about the miraculouses. It went on with ideas, saying the miraculous were connected and it had plans that had been crossed out. Marinette had been trying to find a way to save him, but what confused him was that this sheet had things he never discussed with Marinette and Ladybug has told him.

Did Marinette know ladybug?

He was confused between the connection with Mari and Ladybug, but he wasn't in a position right now to investigate. Through her notes, he saw that all the plans she had come up with henceforth had been crossed out, meaning they didn't work.

Cat sighed. He didn't realize how hard Marinette was working to try and save him, bit as cat and Adrien. He remembered she had spent late nights on these papers and was practically exhausted when she went to school today.

Suddenly he jumped when he heard the door open.

"Hey cat I'm hom-" she cut herself off when she saw where cat was.

"What were you doing?" She asked.

Cat jumped off the desk and hid under the bed.

"Cat you get out here right now or I start feeding you actual cat food instead of croissants," marinette said

Slowly, Cat came out. Marinette took the ring off and put it on his paw. Adrien knew what she wanted.

One bright green flash later and cat noir was standing there in Cat's place.

"What were you doing cat noir?!" She asked

"I was curious. You had been working on those papers for a couple of days now, and it's been wearing you out. I thought it was a design or something but now I realize that you've been driving yourself to the point of exhaustion trying to help me," he said looking guilty.