Ch. 15 Memory Lane

Adrien had just gotten home and detransformed, a giant smile plastered on his face. The evening's events replaying over and over in his mind.

"Did you make a wish?" Marinette asked.

"I did," he said.

"What did you wish for?" He asked her, curious as to what was going through her mind.

"I wish you have your happy ending with the girl you love," Marinette said. Cat Noir felt his heart flutter. He looked into Marinette's eyes. The sincerity in her eyes made him realize just how incredible she was.

"What did you wish for?" Marinette asked him. Cat Noir felt himself freeze at the question.

"I wished the girl I love falls in love with me," Cat Noir said. I wish I could decide who my heart belongs to.

Marinette smiled. That beautiful smile that could light up Paris even on the darkest nights.

"I'm sure your wish will come true soon Cat Noir," Marinette said

he turned to fully face Marinette. She seemed so confident saying that, it filled him with some confidence that it just might be true.

"Do you really think so?" he asked, uncertain if she truly meant it.

"Cat Noir, your brave, kind, selfless, compassionate and so many more things. Anyone would be lucky to have you in their life," Marinette said.

It was at that moment that he knew, he knew what he wanted, who he wanted to be with. He wasn't thinking clearly, but he knew he wanted to do one thing.

Cat Noir closed the distance between them.

"No Marinette, I'm the lucky one. I'm lucky that I have you in my life," he said, then leaned in and kissed her.

It was better than he ever thought it could be, he felt the sparks between them as their lips met. He expected Marinette to pull away, instead, she began to kiss him back. He wanted this moment to last forever, this perfect moment of bliss.

He eventually, reluctantly pulled away and looked at Marinette. Wonder, confusion and love were swirling in her eyes. Was it possible? Did Marinette really love him?

"I-I don't understand, you love ladybug," Marinette said.

"I do, a part of me will always love her, but Marinette, you are the one I want to be with. You have stolen my heart from ladybug with your kindness and compassion. Will you make my wish come true Marinette? will you give me a chance?"

Marinette was quiet for a moment. That moment felt like an eternity to him. Did he make a mistake? Was he only seeing what he wanted to see?

"Yes! Of course!" Marinette said, and hugged him.

As she hugged him, he felt the warmth of her body against his. He leaned into the hug, savoring it. If there was any doubt in his mind before, it had been erased, this was where he wanted to be.

Marinette pulled out of the hug after a few minutes, a slight blush on her face.

"You should probably go home Cat. It's late and your parents will be worried if they find you missing," Marinette said.

He wanted to tell her that his father could care less, but held his tongue.

"Just a few more minutes Mari, then I'll go," He said and embraced her once again. Marinette hugged him back, and he buried his nose in the crook of her neck. She smelt of cookies and croissants. He could spend all day wrapped up in that scent. Eventually, it was time to part.