Ch. 19 The Reveal

Marinette's world had been turned upside down. Adrien, her kind, friend-to-all classmate, Her crush for as long as she could remember, and Cat Noir, her flirty, outgoing partner, the boy who had stolen her heart from Adrien were the same person.

The. Same. PERSON.

She wasn't entirely sure she was breathing. She couldn't believe it.

"Marinette, are you okay?" Tikki asked.

"Yeah, I'm just... trying to wrap my mind around it," Marinette said.

"well, it's a big revelation," Tikki said.

"Yeah..." Marinette said.

"So, what are you going to do now that you know his secret identity?" Tikki asked.

Marinette didn't know. All she knew was one thing:

She was madly in love with that boy.

The problem was there were so many different pathways she could pick to go down. She could reveal herself on the next patrol as Marinette to Cat Noir, tell Cat Noir she was ladybug as Marinette, confess she knew his secret identity to Adrien, or confess as Marinette to Adrien that she was Ladybug. she groaned into her pillow. She didn't know what to do!

"Tikki, what should I do? There are so many ways to go about this," She asked her kwami.

"That depends on you. Who do you feel more comfortable revealing yourself to, and who are you more confident in being when you tell him?" She asked.

Marinette thought about the question. In an ideal situation, she would want to tell him as Marinette to Cat Noir, as that was how their romance had bloomed, but she very much doubted that Cat Noir would be visiting her any time soon.

She shot up on her bed. He may not have had any plans to visit Marinette any time soon, but what if Ladybug gave him a reason to check up on her? It wouldn't be too hard for her, after all, they saw each other every day for patrol. Marinette smiled. Tomorrow was going to be a good day.

The next day at school, Marinette's mood had significantly brightened. She was in such a good mood that she wasn't paying attention to her surroundings and didn't notice Adrien right in front of her until it was too late. Marinette collided right into Adrien,

"I'm so sorry! Are you alright Adrien?" She asked and then made the mistake of looking up into his eyes. She seemed to get lost in his eyes, the most brilliant green she had ever seen. She could stare into his eyes all day.

"I'm fine Marinette. You didn't get hurt right?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine. Sorry about that, I was lost in my thoughts," She said scratching the back of her head, forcing herself to tear away her eyes from his.

"We've all been there. Can I walk you to class?" He asked.

"Sure," She replied, and the two began walking towards Ms Bustier's class.

As the two walked to class, Marinette could feel the pounding of her heart. She just had to keep it cool until tonight. She could do that...

"Marinette?" Adrien called out.

"Huh? Oh, what is it Adrien?" Marinette asked.

"We've arrived at the classroom, I've been trying to get your attention for a few minutes," He said

"Oh... Sorry," She said.

"Don't worry about," He said and slipped into his chair.

Alya had arrived earlier and saw the whole interaction looked at Marinette with a knowing look.