Ch. 14 Dreams Come True

Fan art artist: EdenDaphne

The next day, when Marinette woke up, she felt as if huge burden had been lifted off her shoulders. She got out of bed with a smile on her face.

"morning Tikki" Marinette said

"Morning Marinette, you seem in a really good mood today," Tikki said

"I made up my mind. I know who I'm going to choose tikki," She said

"Really? That's amazing Marinette! Who did you choose Marinette?" Tikki asked

Marinette looked down at the necklace and smiled.

"I chose Cat Noir, Tikki. These past few days I gotten to see a side of him that I never knew about him. My feelings for him have changed, and he understands things about me that Adrien would never be able to," Marinette said.

"That only leaves one question then, are you going to accept his confession as Ladybug, or are you going to confess to him as Marinette?"

Marinette froze.

She hadn't thought about that. She knew that Cat Noir loved her as Ladybug. He wasn't at all shy about expressing his feelings for her, but the question was, in these past few days, had any of those feelings transferred to Marinette? Could Cat Noir love clumsy, stuttering Marinette when he had Confident, beloved Ladybug?

She looked down at the necklace. If she confessed to him as Marinette and he rejected her, would she be able to be with him as Ladybug, knowing he rejected her other half? Was it worth the risk of seeing how he felt about her civilian half?

"Marinette you need get ready, or you'll be late to school" Tikki said

"You're right tikki," Marinette said. She could figure this out later.

Marinette arrived at school, deep in thought. She was so deep in thought that she didn't see the branch in front of her. She tripped and fell.

Right in front of Chloe.

"Oh, wow, If t isn't clumsy little Mari-trash. You should really watch where your going, you could've run into me!"

Suddenly, Chloe eyes narrowed in at the necklace around Marinette's neck. She suddenly grabbed it and tore it from her neck.

"What is this? This is too nice to be worn by garbage. You must've stolen it!" Chloe said

"Chloe, give it back! It was a gift!" Marinette said

"Likely story! You don't have any friends that have taste!" Chloe said.

Just then, a car pulled up into school and Adrien walked into school.

"What's going on?" Adrien asked

"adrikins, Marinette stole this! She is a thief!" Chloe said

"It was a gift!" Marinette exclaimed.

"Stop lying, we all know it wasn't a gift, and your poor family couldn't afford a necklace like this!" Chloe said

Adrien was a silent for a moment before he spoke up.

"I gave her that necklace Chloe, so give it back," Adrien said.

Chloe was speechless. This gave Marinette enough time to grab the necklace back from Chloe. She looked at the necklace and clutched it to her chest.

Chloe was beginning to fume before she stormed off.

"Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!" She said.