Ch.13 A Choice

Marinette sighed. She was in class right now and Ms. Bustier was teaching them math, but marinette couldn't concentrate. Her mind was elsewhere.

Adrien or cat noir, cat noir or Adrien?

She would think that she would immediately pick Adrien, but for some strange reason, she just... couldn't. It hurt her more than she thought this would. She sighed and glanced down at Adrien. He was focused on the lesson and was writing notes. He was still as dreamy as ever. She sighed, and her hand went to wear she used to wear cat noir's ring on the necklace. She wondered what he was up to now, he was most likely doing something much more entertaining than math. Who should she pick?

Her outgoing, flirty partner?

Or her compassionate, friend to all classmate?

Unknown to her, Adrien kept sneaking glances at Marinette. He noticed her hand was touching a specific part of her chest. He was confused at first but then it hit him! That's where the necklace that held his ring used to be! Was she thinking of him? The thought made him smile. Maybe he should give her something, to replace the necklace she wore with his ring. It could be a way of saying thank you, for saving him. Adrien smiled and got back to work, waiting for the day to be over so he could put his plan into action.

Later that day, he was at a jewelry shop. He wanted to get Marinette the perfect present, something that could make her think of him every time she saw it. He looked around, but couldn't find anything he liked just yet. Just as he was about to give up hope and go home, he spotted a necklace. It was perfect. He bought it and went home, eager to see Mari again and give her his gift.

Meanwhile Marinette was sitting at her desk, her head in her hands.

"Tikki, this is too hard! I can't do it!" Marinette said

"I know this diversion may be difficult but-"

"It's impossible! How do I choose between the people who have had the greatest impact on my life?!" Marinette asked

"Adrien taught me what love was, he was my fist crush and now a good friend, but cat noir is my partner, we save the city together every day and we've grown closer than ever in these past few weeks, I just... how can i choose between them?"

Tikki didn't know what to say, luckily, she didn't have to say anything, as just then there was a knock on the window.

Marinette opened it to be greeted by those green eyes she had come to love.

"Hey cat noir!" She said.

" hey mari! How've you been? I don't know about you but my day has been purr-fect" Cat Noir said.

Marinette giggled slightly.

"So what brings you here. Usually you only gone before it after patrol and there are a few hours before patrol starts," marinette asked

"Well you see, I wanted to come and thank you again for everything you've done for me. I know this won't amount to what I owe you but it's just a small token of my gratitude," Cat Noir said and handed her a box.

Marinette opened it and gasped. It was beautiful. Inside was a necklace. It was silver and had a circle pendant with a paw print.

"It's beautiful cat noir, thank you!" Marinette said.

"You're welcome mari," he said.

"May I put it on you?" Cat Noir asked.

Marinette nodded. Cat noir took the necklace and gently put it on Marinette. She let out a soft gasp as the cold metal touch her skin. After  cat noir had clasped it together, marinette looked in the mirror.