Ch. 16 Goodbye

The next morning, Marinette woke up from a peaceful slumber. Everything had been going so well recently. Marinette went to school with a huge smile on her face.

"Woah girl, why are you so happy? Did something happen with Adrien that I'm not aware of?" Alya asked.

"No, in fact, nothing has happened between and Adrien," Marinette said.

"Really? Then what has put you in such a good mood?" Alya asked.

"I... uh," Marinette thought about Cat Noir and felt her face heat up.

"You sure nothing has happened between you and Adrien?" Alya teased.

"No.. it's not Adrien-"

"It's not Adrien? Then who is it? Is there a new boy?" Alya teased.

"N-No, there's nobody Alya," Marinette stammered, her face bright red.

"Suuure," Alya said.

Just then Adrien pulled up in his car. When he got out he looked around trying to find Nino. Instead, he found Marinette, turning bright red as Alya was teasing her about something. Adrien walked over to the duo.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" Adrien asked.

"Oh, hey Adrien, it's nothing, just girl talk," Alya said, nudging Marinette and giving her a wink.

Adrien looked over at Marinette, the blush was still evident on her face. She looked quite adorable. He wanted nothing more than to give her a kiss, but he couldn't, right now he was Adrien. Tonight, he could do that tonight.

Marinette looked at Adrien. She swore she saw a look of adoration in his eyes, but she shrugged it off. Adrien only saw her as a friend. Besides, she had Cat Noir now. She wondered what he was up to right now.

"C'mon, we need to get to class. I'm late enough as it is," Marinette said.

"Marinette's right, we should get to class," Adrien said.

Alya had this look on her face. This knowing look. She looked between Adrien and Marinette and then raised an eyebrow.

When they sat down in their seats, Alya turned to face Marinette.

"Nothing is going on huh?" she asked.

"what? Alya, seriously, nothing is happening-"

"Sure girl, whatever you say," She said, then proceeded to tune out Marinette's stuttering attempts to tell Alya she's wrong.

After school, Marinette went home. She sat on her bed and looked at her window. She wondered how long it would be until Cat Noir showed up. She never thought she'd see the day where she would be waiting for Cat Noir to show up at her window. It's like those romance stories where the boy throws rocks at the girl's window to get her attention. Her knight in shining armour. 

Well, a knight in shining leather she supposed.

She was so lost in thought that when she heard the knock on the window it startled her a little bit. She let out a small shriek and was about to fall off her bed when a pair of arms caught her.

"Princess are you okay?"

Marinette was so flustered she didn't know what to say.

"I-I'm fine, y-your hot, I-I mean you got through the w-window?" Marinette said.

"Well I heard you scream, so I entered through the window and caught you,"

Marinette blushed