Memories

Ryleigh
When I woke up, I found Frank Iero sitting next to me as Tyler Joseph came running in with a nurse. She sent them out as she checked me over and removed the tube from my throat. When she left, Frank came running in and hugged me. "Oh my God! You're okay. I was so worried. It was all my fault. Thank God you're okay,"he spoke fast and released me from the hug.

The others hugged me next while I tried not to fangirl. "Not to be a fangirl but I'm confused. Why are you in my hospital room? How are you here? Am I dreaming? I love you guys, you're the people I look up to. You've saved me so many times,"I spoke frantically.

I was nervous. Why were all of these guys here if I wasn't dead? Frank turned and ran out the door. I wondered what I said wrong as I watched Frank run out of the door of my hospital room without looking back. Where's mom and dad? Why are all of my favorite musicians here?

The questions swam in my brain. Tyler, Josh, Gerard, and Mikey gaped at me in shock for a minute before Gerard took off after Frank as my doctor returned. My doctor came in. Her name tag read, "Parker." "Hi, Dr. Parker, not to be weird or rude but am I dead? Why are all of these guys here? They're apart of my favorite bands,"I said.

"I need to speak with Ryleigh alone please,"she said without answering me and maintained eye contact with me the whole time. Tyler, Josh, and Mikey left. "Ryleigh, do you remember what happened?"she asked as I firmly shook my head no. "Where are my parents?"I croaked. "Brendon and Sarah are on their way,"she said. "No, where are my parents?"I asked her, confused why no one would tell me where my parents were.

I was starting to panic. Even if they weren't great parents, I didn't want anything bad to happen to them. "Ryleigh, honey, what do you remember?"she asked. I stared at her blankly as Brendon and Sarah Urie threw open the door and ran in. Sarah hugged me tightly. "Oh my God! Ry, thank God you're okay. We were so worried,"she said. She let go as I tensed and stayed silent. Doctor  Parker gave her a look and the three exited my room. I watched as they looked in crying. What did I do?

Nurse Parker came back in a moment later as Sarah turned to Brendon and cried. He hugged her as they stood outside, waiting. "Ryleigh, I'm going to need you to tell me everything you remember, okay?"she said and I nodded. "We used to be happy. My mom and dad but then he started abusing us. He would drug me and use me for things before he supposedly died. I thought they took the beating too far again and that's why I'm here but I don't know what's happening,"I began.

"We lived in New York for most of my life but my mom moved us to North Carolina. She lost custody of me and I was sent to foster care. Not all of the homes were bad but the last one I was in had people that would beat me too just like my parents. I found out my dad was in fact still alive when he approached me but I escaped then was sent to a different home,"I said as tears welled.

She looked at me with kindness and sympathy. "Ryleigh, you were adopted a long while ago by Brendon and Sarah. You ran off from their house and Mikey Way rescued you from a beating that a guy on the street was doing. You had a brain bleed. You've been in a coma for three months, they've been here everyday. Especially Frank,"she said.

I pulled my knees close and buried my face in them. She squeezed my shoulder and went into the hall to talk to Brendon and Sarah. Why didn't I just die? I didn't know my own family. I still don't. I don't know who I am or anything about me.

Brendon
My phone was buzzing. I looked up in shock. "Go on, answer it. It may be the hospital,"Pete said. I nodded and shakily answered. "Hey, Brendon, this is Doctor Parker at Oceanside Memorial Hospital,"Doctor Parker, Ryleigh's assigned doctor, said. "Is everything okay?"I choked out as panic closed my throat. "Yeah, excellent actually. Ryleigh just woke up. I was wondering how soon you could be here. She keeps asking where her parents are,"she said.

"I'll be there as soon as I can,"I said and hung up. I stood abruptly. "What's wrong, Bren?"Sarah asked. "She's awake,"I said as tears of joy filled my eyes. Pete jumped up, too.

"Let's go. What are you waiting for?"he asked as he picked up his car keys. We all tried to stay calm as we walked to his car. I squeezed Sarah's hand. Ryleigh has been in a coma for three months. Pete sped to the hospital and dropped us off as he went to find parking. We went running to the front desk as they sent us upstairs. We ran in. Sarah hugged her tightly.

"Oh my God! Ry, thank God you're okay. We were so worried,"she said. She let go quickly. Ryleigh was silent and looked tense. That wasn't normal. Doctor Parker gave Sarah and I a look and the we exited her room. Parker pulled the door close.

"There's no easy way to say this so I'm just going to say it. I think Ryleigh has mild retrograde amnesia. It could be a side effect of the bleed or the surgery, I'm not sure. I won't know anything for sure until I go back in and talk with her. She remembers some things except for when you adopted her and everything after. It's just a minor setback,"she said. Sarah's eyes filled with tears. "I'm going to go back in there then I'll let you know,"she said. We nodded and Sarah started to cry as I hugged her.

It wasn't long before she came back out. "I talked with her about everything she remembers up until now. She's very confused. I explained to her the recent stuff. She doesn't remember anything from the stuff she's done with you. She may or may not get those memories back. I would do my best to get some normality in her life, something may trigger the memories but to keep stuff steady. Try not to upset her, she'll get easily frustrated. Again, I'm so so sorry,"Parker said with teary eyes. 

I nodded and Sarah sniffled. "I have to check on my other patients but I'll be back by soon,"she said. "Sarah, babe, you're gonna have to our your brave face on, okay?"I said. She nodded and I made a quick group chat. I frantically sent a text to let everyone know what was going on then went back into her hospital room.

A/N: Hey, y'all! Here it is. Chapter one of book two, I hope it isn't too terribly cringey. I'm editing and republishing this. It may be slow moving but I'm doing my best bear with me. Hope you enjoy. Feel free to DM me, comment and vote. I love reading your comments. Much love!

B