The Only Hope For Me Is You

Ryleigh
"Hey, Ry!"the guys called almost at the same time. "Hey,"I called out. "What time do we have to be at reheasal?"Dallon added. "In like 20 minutes,"Zack called back. "Ry, let me do your hair and makeup,"Sarah called with her supplies already out on the table. I sat down and waited for her to do her thing. She started on my hair first which she put into a loose fishtail braid. She started on my makeup just as the guys were leaving. I looked in the mirror once she was done and I must say I looked really badass.

"It looks so good, thank you,"I said and hugged her. She was surprised but hugged me back. "Also, I got you a little something,"she said and gestured to the gift bag on the bench. "You didn't have to,"I said. "I know but I wanted to. I hope you like it. Now open it,"she urged and clapped her hands together with excitement. I carefully pulled out the paper and at the bottom lay a knee length black dress with x crosses on the back of my shoulders. It was short sleeved and the skirt had music notes on it. "I love it. Thank you,"I said again and gave her another hug.

"You're welcome,"she replied. I ran to the back where the bunks were, just in case the guys showed up, and put on a bra and the dress. It fit nicely. I walked out to show Sarah. "It fits wonderfully. The guys are waiting for you on stage when you're ready,"she said. I nodded. "I'll wait here,"she added and I took off for the arena. The members of My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, Sleeping With Sirens, and Twenty One Pilots were sitting front row as Brendon and the rest of Panic! At The Disco warmed up. Dallon stopped playing to give me a side hug.

"You look great, kid,"he said. Brendon looked over at me and I'm pretty sure I saw tears gleaming in his eyes. I may not remember much of the last few years but I will always remember them and the moments I have spent with them.

Of course, I was born naturally clumsy. I'm not so sure I wasn't born with two left feet. I was making my way over to Brendon when I caught my foot on a cable. "Ryleigh!"I heard Brendon and Dallon shout at the same time as I tripped and fell forward.

They tried running towards me to catch me but I fell off of the stage and onto the concrete below before they could. The other gathered band members looked up from their phones or quiet conversation in just enough time to watch me hit me ground. Everything went white and then black when my head slammed into the ground.

Brendon
Ryleigh appeared in a beautiful dress Sarah picked out. Sarah must've added some makeup as a final touch. I stopped the song we were running when I heard Dallon stop playing. Everyone else from the other bands was in the front row. Dallon gave her a side hug and said something I didn't quite catch. My eyes filled with tears at the sight of my beautiful daughter who doesn't remember things as before but my daughter all the same. I wasn't prepared for what came next.

Ryleigh has two left feet and I didn't think to warn her of the loose cables until it was too late. She tripped and both Dallon and I ran toward her as we shouted her name. Everyone looked up in time to see her hit the concrete as she fell from the stage. She hit her head awfully hard. "Please let her be alive,"I prayed silently as I climbed down a few stairs and jumped down. Sarah came running.

Zack made his way over to her first as we all froze in shock, looking at each other unsure what to do, and felt the odd silence before trying to run to her aid. I felt sick. What the hell actually just happened? He felt for her pulse. I snapped out of it and panicked. This was my fault. It was my idea to bring her on tour and tonight is in her old hometown. A few stops I helped plan intentionally to try to jog her memory but that won't do any good if she's dead or forgets further. I'll never forgive myself if something bad happens to her again.

"She's alive, just unconscious,"he called to me when he noticed the fear and panic building in me. "What should I do?"I called back. "I would call for some medics and maybe an ambulance. You should be on the safe side since she's already had a major head injury,"Zack replied. I nodded.

"I'll go. Be right back,"Josh called and ran to the back of the stadium to find help. We left her lay still in fear of injuring her further. She was out a few minutes as Josh and the medics made their way to us with a stretcher. "An ambulance is on the way,"Josh said out of breath.

My eyes were red rimmed again and I was holding her hand. Sarah had a hand on my shoulder and Zack was kneeling by her head. Josh took her other hand for a split second and squeezed it before the medics made us back away. The put a C collar on her neck which kept her  neck still. They were transferring her to the stretcher when her eyelids fluttered.

Ryleigh
Slowly and painfully, I forced my eyes open. I was being transferred onto a stretcher when they initially fluttered. Everything rushed me at once and I squeezed my eyes tightly shut. There was something around my neck. "She's coming to,"a medic announced. My family held their breath. Someone squeezed my hand. I managed to get them open as they sat me up. It was Dad who squeezed my hand.

Everyone was crowding me. "Give her some space,"a medic ordered. They backed up, all except for Mom and Dad. Frank shoved his way to the front of the crowd with Mikey, Gerard, Dallon, Tyler, and Josh.

I closed them again as memory after memory slammed me hard. Getting adopted, Carrie taking me back, almost killing myself, being with Frank, coming home then running away. Running away. That rung a bell. I tried to think. Running away. Running away. Running away. Mikey he found me. Oh my God! Are they okay? I started to panic. I was attacked by that man and I woke up with a really bad headache. I was in Gerard's lap when I lost consciousness.

What's happened since then? Why am I here? Was it a bad dream? Slowly, all of my memories filled my head again. There was only a blank spot from the last few months and a few from when I was younger. "Take your time, baby girl,"Mom said. Dad moved a piece of hair out of my face gently. "Please be okay,"he said quietly enough so only I heard. I opened my eyes to look in their concerned ones that were filled with a love for me. I couldn't speak for a few moments as I choked up.

I remember.