The Last Of The Real Ones

Ryleigh
That was a week ago. Frank has been keeping his distance ever since Ray brought him last time. I didn't know what else to do. I've finished up physical therapy. I've stayed in my room. The guys have all been busy with rehearsals and writing new albums. Jet Pack Blues is a new one that Pete and Patrick wrote.

They came over and sang it a few days ago. They wrote it for me. Gerard and Mikey have come by to visit often. He says that he and the guys are thinking about doing a reunion tour to come back. It will be mainly off of Fake Your Death since it was released after their split.

He keeps Frank out of the conversation and changes the topic when I bring him up which worries me. Today, though, I sit alone in my window seat to read by the sunlight coming through my open blinds. I have been all caught up on my schoolwork. Surprisingly, I've caught up and gotten ahead on the months I missed so I'll be ready when the next school year starts.

It's summer time, I feel it every time I step outside with Bogart and Penny. It's warmer, not that LA every gets colder than sixty degrees Fahrenheit. Sarah had brought a sandwich up for lunch and talked with me about my book for a few minutes. Brendon left early this morning for some meeting but we heard the door close so she left me to it so she could talk to him.

I really wanted a bottle of water so I decided I'd walk downstairs and maybe spend some time with them. I mean they're my parents after all? I've been so spacey since I can't remember while it's probably bad for me, I feel like it's better for them. I can't hurt them if I'm not around.

I put my phone in my pocket and started down the stairs. They were talking quietly but I could hear every word. Eavesdropping is bad and I wouldn't have if it hadn't caught my attention so I stayed hidden.

"You heard the doctor, Bren. She said nothing out of the ordinary,"Sarah argued. "This isn't anything out of the ordinary. She's been on tours and it's a summer tour so it's like two months. It may jog her memory so it's a good idea. She'll be fine, Sarah,"Brendon replied. I wondered who they were talking about before realizing it was me. He's taking me on tour?!? I tried to stay focused on their conversation.

"When?"she asked. "Three weeks,"he answered. "She might still have school work,you know?"Sarah asked. "I know she'll be fine,"Brendon said. Sarah must've forgotten that I am ahead. I can't go back to school in person until next school year or I get my memories back. I've been taking online courses. I tried to sneak back upstairs but stepped on a creaky stair. I froze.

"Ryleigh, I know you're there,"Sarah called. I turned around and walked down. "How much did you hear?"she asked when I entered the living room. I shrugged. "You heard it all?"she asked. I nodded and averted my gaze to the floor in guilt. "Well, cats out of the bag. What do you say? Wanna go on tour?"Brendon asked, eyes sparkling.

"Please, I want to especially if it may help me remember,"I whispered. They nodded. "What about school?"Sarah asked. "I'm ahead. I finished this morning. School gets out in two weeks but I'm done. When do we leave?"I asked. "Three weeks from today,"Brendon said with a smile.

I went to the kitchen for a bottle of water and then sat on the floor in front of the couch that Brendon and Sarah were on. Sarah was braiding my hair. It felt nice. "Ry, are you cool if I invite everyone over? They don't know yet so I'm going to surprise them. They're coming with us including All Time Low, Pierce The Veil, PVRIS, and Sleeping With Sirens. It's going to be awesome,"Brendon said excitedly. I nodded subtly so I didn't mess Sarah up. He sent out a text. About 30 minutes later, my phone buzzed in my hand.

Wentz Pete-za: "Hey, I got a mysterious group chat inviting us over tonight. Do you know what that's about? Maybe give a friend a hint ;) "

Ryleigh Urie: "I do. Sadly, no hints. See ya later Pete-za."

Wentz Pete-za: "Aw. Party Pooper. See ya later. I'm supplying Pizza by the way."

Ryleigh Urie: "Okay, see ya."

I relaxed as Sarah braided my hair and we watched The Greatest Showman. It was almost time for everyone to come over when it was done so I climbed upstairs to change. I threw on some black skinny jeans and a twenty one pilots t-shirt that Josh had given me. It was for the album Blurryface and to match the red dots I put on my red beanie that was Tyler's. They claim I stole it from him but he told me to keep it. I'm pretty sure it came from Hot Topic but it's awesome.

"Ryleigh, what's taking you so long?"a very impatient Dallon yelled upstairs. "Coming!"I called and, after a quick glance in the mirror to check my makeup, I ran downstairs. I greeted the taller man with a hug. He returned it tightly. I was in charge of opening the door when people arrived just in case TMZ got word or someone got suspicious. They weren't releasing anything official for a couple days.

Gerard, Mikey, and an anxious looking Frank came next. Frank looked like he was about to puke and didn't want to come in. "Hey, Frankie,"I chirped and hugged him. He froze in shock for a moment but then hugged me back. He came in and stayed close to Gerard and Mikey. I wish he would stop blaming himself.

I was about to close the door when I heard a muffled, "WAIT!!!". It was Pete with like five pizza boxes stacked in front of him. He almost ran into the door so I gracefully took three of the boxes and sat them on the table. "Thanks, Ry Row!"he said. "Ry Row?"I questioned jokingly. "Yup,"he said and joined the others. Tyler and Josh came in. I hugged them both. Jenna was close behind them.

Joe, Andy, and Patrick came a few minutes later. After them was Kellin, Gabe, Justin, Nick, Jack Fowler, Vic, Jaime, Mike, and Tony. Ray, Kenny, and Dan were the last ones to arrive. "So, why the mystery with inviting us over?"Pete asked as Brendon came into the living room. He was pulling a t-shirt over his head. He must've just showered quick. "I'll get to that in a second,"Brendon said.

Everyone looked up as they heard the short conversation. All Time Low isn't here now. They had flown home to Baltimore yesterday and had no clue this was happening until today. "I have some big news,"Brendon said. "Is Sarah pregnant? Oh my god, I've been waiting for this day forever! I'll get to be an uncle!"Pete yelled and jumped up. "Uh, no, Pete. Definitely not happening anytime soon, sorry,"Sarah said as she came to stand behind Brendon and Jenna followed her with a laugh. Everyone laughed as Pete pouted and sat down. "Pete, you're already an uncle!"I piped up. Everyone laughed harder at that.