Guns For Hands

Ryleigh
It was after one in the morning when I left alone. I turned and ran. I felt guilty. I shouldn't have called him Brendon. I saw the pain on his face. He was going to send me back but did he even care about how much his words hurt me. I was crying and I didn't realize it. It was chilly. I ran out the back door and jumped the fence. I ran to the nearest park and didn't stop till I got there. I found an empty park bench right next to a street lamp.

I laid back and looked up at the stars. They were gorgeous. I kinda hoped nothing happened to me but if it did would it be so bad? They obviously don't want me around anymore. With that thought, I curled into a ball and cried myself to sleep.

I woke up in someone's arms. I wasn't on the park bench. On instinct, I started to kick and punch at my kidnapper. "Chill, Ryleigh, it's okay, it's just me,"the voice of the person said. I couldn't see their face because of the hood pulled up on their head and the darkness. A warm jacket was wrapped around me, too. I almost screamed when they put a finger to my lips. I could tell by the scent that it was Tyler.

"Shh, Ry, it's okay,"his voice soothed. I held tightly to him and fell asleep as warmth filled me. He carried me inside and to the guest bedroom where I slept soundly. He walked outside the door after tucking me in. I heard his and Jenna's quiet conversation before she went to bed. He was calling dad.

"Hey, just letting you know to call the others, I found her,"he said. "Mhm, well she's with us tonight. Don't come now, it's four in the morning. She just fell asleep again,"Tyler said. "No, Brendon, not yet. I know you were worried, we all were. My question remains, what the heck did you say to her to make her run off like that? It's freezing outside and she was sleeping on a park bench,"Tyler replied.

"Whatever, later then,"Tyler said and hung up. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop, they were just loud. Tyler came in and sat on the bed. "Oh, Ry, what happened? It can wait till later, I'm not sure if you're asleep or not,"Tyler said then he stood and walked out to their bedroom. I slept peacefully then.

I was a little disoriented as I woke up. I remembered being with My Chem and then getting arrested. Dad's hurt face after our argument when I called him Brendon. I groaned, I felt bad. I heard someone coming up the stairs and pretended to be asleep.

"Ryleigh?"Tyler questioned. I stayed very still. He sat on the end of the bed by my feet. "I know you're awake. I just wanna know what happened,"he said and sighed. I opened my eyes and looked at him guiltily then I started to cry. I was so terrible, they'll definitely send me back now. I hiccupped and sobbed. Tyler hugged me tightly back as I cried into his chest.

"I'm sorry,"I stuttered out between breaths as I stopped crying and calmed down. "Shh, it's okay,"Tyler soothed. When I was calm enough, I pulled back to face him. I hugged a pillow tightly to my chest.

"Ryleigh, can you tell me what happened last night?"Tyler asked gently. I felt the tears welling again but fought them away as I stared at the wall. "It's okay. You can trust me,"he said. I glanced at him warily. I was afraid he'd hate me, too. For now I was safe with a place to belong. I took a deep breath as I went into everything that happened last night. A few stray tears made their way down my face but I ignored them.

"Tyjo, I really screwed up this time. They're going to send me back,"I cried out as the tears started falling again. "Ry, they aren't going to send you back. They love you and we would never let anything happen to you. You know that,"Tyler assured me as he pulled me into a hug. "You didn't see the way he looked at me, the hurt and anger in his eyes. He's never going to forgive me,"I sobbed. "Ryleigh, listen to me hon,"Tyler said.

I took a deep breath to calm down and nodded. He looked at me real serious for a minute. "They love you. Brendon felt really bad, he called us all the minute you left and sent out a search party. I found you first. We were on the phone at four in the morning. He was so worried and upset. He thought something bad happened to you and he never was going to forgive himself,"Tyler said while gazing into my eyes.

I looked down at the floor. "You're positive they aren't going to send me back?"I asked. Tyler nodded. "Pinky promise,"he said and stuck his pinky out for me to take. "How about some food?"Tyler asked. I nodded and followed him downstairs. Jenna sat a plate of French toast in front of me with a cup of coffee. I offered her a grateful smile as Tyler ran into another room to take a call.

An hour later, dad came running through the door. "Ryleigh!"he shouted. I was terrified he would hate me like I currently hated me. I shied away. He ran to me and wrapped me in a tight hug. My face was pressed against his chest and I felt myself starting cry. I don't deserve this. I wrapped my arms around his back to return the hug.

"We were so worried. Please don't ever do that again,"dad whispered as he pressed a kiss against my forehead. I nodded and a sob slipped out. "Shh, it's okay, babygirl,"dad said softly. I nodded and sniffled. I took in some shaky deep breaths until I could calm down enough to speak. "I'm so sorry, dad. I didn't mean it. Please, don't take me back, I can't go back there again,"I whispered and hugged him tightly.