Nightmares

Trigger Warning: Disturbing talk of rape later in the chapter (during the nightmare) skip that if it disturbs you. Keep yourselves safe

Ryleigh
Dallon brought a kitchen chair in and piled it with pillows. He helped me to prop my leg up and shooed the kids to go play. He told them I was tired and needed rest. He wasn't wrong, I was drained in every sense. Breezy came in and sat next to me. She gave me a gentle hug. "How're you feeling, Leigh?"she asked and stroked my hair. I shrugged. This was my new response to everything. I desperately wanted my blades but knew I would have to wait.

I could tell that her and Dallon exchanged a concerned glance over my well being. I've been through so much in this lifetime and I wondered again how they could ever love someone as damaged as I am. "You're right. They'll never love you. You're just damaged goods with too much baggage. You're good for their publicity. You're just as worthless as you always were,"A voice in my head spoke up. I shook my head.

I wanted to shake it off or yell and scream back but knew that would worry them more. I was slowly going insane,  psychotic with an extra side of crazy. It wouldn't take much for them to get rid of me in one way or another.

"What's wrong, Ry?"Dallon asked. "Nothing, I'm just tired. Can I go to the bedroom?"I whispered. "Sure,"he said and helped me stand before handing me my crutches. He walked down the hall next to me without a word. "I'm staying in the room next to you for now,"he said and opened the door for me to enter. "Dall, you don't have to. I'm fine,"I said. He looked at me with such love and concern that I almost cried.

"If that's what you want,"he mumbled and ran a hand through his hair. I got into the bed and he propped my leg and covered me. "Be right back,"he said. He returned with my prescriptions and a glass of water. He handed them to me and I popped it into my mouth. I instantly felt drowsy. "Your cell is on the nightstand, call me if you need to. I'll be upstairs then with my phone next to me,"he said. I nodded and dozed off. I didn't know that they gave me sleeping meds that would trap me in another personal hell.

Ryleigh's Nightmare
"DADDY!"I screamed at the top of my lungs. We're in a park in the middle of no where. There was no one around. It was sunset, darkness would be coming. Mom was at work or so she said. There was a man trying to grab me. "Hold still, Ryleigh. It'll be over quick,"dad promised as he pocketed the money. The older man grabbed me. There was no one around to hear me.

"Come on, you little slut! Better make it worth what I paid. No crying or I'll kill your family,"he threatened. I whimpered as his grip tightened on my neck. "Not a sound, runt,"He growled. He dragged me over to the backseat of an SUV. He locked the doors so I couldn't escape. I huddled into the corner afraid.

"C'mon, it's time to play,"he says menacingly and wrenches my arm toward him. I felt and heard an audible snap. Tears filled my eyes at the pain. I squeezed them shut. I couldn't give him the satisfaction of seeing me cry. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did that hurt, sweetheart?"he asked as he pinned me down and climbed on top of me. He ran a finger along my jaw and I cringed. I felt a stinging sensation on my cheek. He slapped me.

He forcefully pulled my jeans down and my shirt off. The pain was almost unbearable as he forced himself inside of me. It burned. He kept going and going. He shoved his weight against my hips again and again. I fought my tears and crying out. The man left me alone hours later as he finally pulled out. I pulled my jeans up and my shirt on. I curled myself up into the smallest ball possible.

The door was pulled open behind me and cold air rushed in. "Let's go!"my father spat and pulled my arm. It was swollen and bruised. I cried out and crumpled. I couldn't stand. He pulled me up and forced me into the backseat where I silently cried. Mom wasn't home. Even if she beat me, I hoped she came and took me from him. My father put me over his shoulder and threw me on my bed where he unbuckled his pants and forced himself on me in the same manner.

He left me to cry and sob alone. I held a pillow tight. No sleep for me tonight. The next day, my arm was found broken and after getting a cast, they beat me so hard I couldn't breathe.

End of nightmare

I woke up, gasping, with tears pouring down my face. I thought I had lost those memories and nightmares years ago, especially after my amnesia, but they're back worse than ever. I grabbed a pillow from next to me and shoved it over my face to muffle my sob. I was only eight years old when they took away my childhood and innocence. I didn't have a say in the matter. I was too small to fight.

Moonlight was coming in from the two double doors across from my bed. They led to the backyard. I managed to control my breathing and get ahold of myself. I stared out those doors for awhile. I couldn't go back to sleep after that. Dallon had left my crutches next to the bed, leaning on the nightstand. I shoved my phone into my hoodie pocket and sat up. I carefully moved my leg then grabbed the crutches.

I tried to be silent as I ambled to the door. I stubbed my toe. "Shit!"I whisper yelled and a small strand of profanities followed. Tears unwillingly welled. After a moment, I found my way to the door. I opened it and prayed it wouldn't squeak. It didn't and I crutched outside onto the patio where I found a chair on the grass and sat on it. I looked up at the stars. "Ryleigh?"someone behind me whispered and I jumped a mile high as my heart raced two hundred miles a minute.

A/N: Hey, y'all! Sorry about this one, especially the middle part. I wanted to spread a bit more awareness about what some children face in their lifetime. It isn't fair, but it still happens. I hope you're doing well. Much love!

B