Weak Moments

"Poor thing's trying to lick his balls." Greg said, as he stood over Oliver.

"Can you lick your balls?" I ask with a laugh.

"No, but I wish." He chuckled.

"If you can survive, he will survive a week with a cone." I assure him.

I lock the door behind us as he carries Ollie to the car.

My phone rings. "Hi Dad."

"Hi, sweetie, there's a bad storm coming, so just take Ollie straight back to your place, it's closer."

"I've got Greg I have to swing by the ranch." I said.

"Just ride out the storm and bring him by later. We've already got tornado watches."

Crap.

"Okay, I'll see you later then, be careful." I said, then hung up.

Greg tilts his head. "What's up?"

"Storms coming." I point to the sky.

"My place is closer."

He smiles ear to ear.

"I'll run you back after it rolls through." I said as we got in the car.

We headed to the farm, and after I pulled into the garage and parked, I grabbed Ollie, while Greg carried Blair's boxes inside, and we couldn't have timed ourselves better. We could hear the thunder, but the rain fell as soon as the door shut behind us.

"Damn, it's going to be a strong one." He said, as he set my boxes down.

"Are you hungry? I can throw us together some dinner."

"Sure." he answered. This handsome man is actually in my home standing there with his hands in his pockets.

"I can help." He volunteered.

"Sure, I have things for a salad and some chicken breasts. Would that be okay?"

I love his smile.

"Sounds perfect."

I put the chicken in the oven, and he helped chop vegetables.

"Would this new technology of yours help with Braden?" I had to ask.

He shook his head. "It's not ready yet. We've used it in some trials, but I don't even have the prototype. They're working on it in New York. It may be a few years, I'm sorry."

I just nodded with disappointment.

"What do you actually do?" I asked.

"I work for my father. I'm president of operations, so I'll be working down here in Kentucky."

"You're relocating?" I asked.

"Yeah, but only till my father retires, then I'll take over as CEO."

"Do you have siblings?"

He smiled. "Actually yes, I have three sisters and one brother. They're all in New York."

"Wine or beer?" I ask, and he grins. "Yes?"

I had to laugh. "I didn't ask if you wanted a drink, this time I gave you a choice."

He chuckled. "Beer, please."

I grabbed two bottles from the fridge.

"Wow that wind is crazy. I should turn on the radio." After I handed him his beer.

There's tornado warnings in Hardin county.

"What county is this?" He asked.

"Meade, we are safe for now." I answered.