Our Normal

Nathan helped me today at the refuge, and it's neat having him around, since he has the same love for animals as me. His experience on the Ranch has helped tremendously on the farm. He's rebuilt most of my fences, and built a nice patio on the back of the house. He's so hands on for such a Hollywood fame.

He just finished building a fireplace out back, and I didn't even know he could lay block and brick.

It's been months since we got back from Hollywood. We have another fundraising event in Frankfort, and I've been dreading it, since the world is about to know about the baby.

I took some iced tea out to Nathan and damn his body. He was right about the pregnancy hormones, I think I've worn him out lately. Not that he complains, because the sex is good. Not as good as Greg, but that will be my secret. There were feelings with Greg, but I'm incapable of loving another person, and Nathan seems to be fine with it, so we've kept our arrangement.

The last I heard, Greg is to be married in two weeks. That's two weeks until I give up all hope.

He called me a few months back, but I wasn't able to talk to him. Not after all he's done and the secret I've been keeping. My father isn't happy with my choice. He missed out on Lance's early years, and he said Greg might have been an asshole, but deserves to know the truth. He isn't wrong, and I'm sure he will know when he sees me.

Nathan finds me crying a lot, which only pisses him off more. I still miss Greg with my entire being, and feeling his child move inside me, makes it even worse.

Nathan met Braden and Kathleen, which he even went over and built a ramp on their home for Braden. I'm nervous how this will end with Nathan. I know he's attached to the baby, but I really hope he can let go of me when it's time.

I watch him work in the cool crisp winter air. It's not freezing outside yet, but just chilly. He builds a fire every night, and we spend hours together watching television and laughing.

He's also become an asset for the practice. He's not happy about me working around such large animals right now, and goes on all the farm visits with me, including the refuge.

It's almost dark, and he is cleaning up his work. He hasn't even ate dinner yet, which I've kept warm in the oven.

I'm all packed for the event, and Blair brought a maternity gown she made with her, and it's beautiful.

It's a black sweetheart full length gown with a slit that runs up my thigh, and an empire waist. There's no hiding this pregnancy now.

Dad made it through the primary with flying colors, and the baby will be here well before the election. I'm almost in my third trimester, and like I predicted, I'm fat.

Also, like Nathan predicted, he's still all over me. He loves feeling the baby move, and has come with me to all my appointments. He's been amazing, but I can't help but to feel guilty. We live like a young couple in love. Well, at least I'm young. Our age gap of ten years is barely noticeable, especially since our sex drive matches most of the time.

Greg woke something up in me along with my pregnancy hormones. I love sex and can barely get enough. Nathan says it's like winning the lottery, and he's happy just how things are.

I can't say I don't care for Nathan, but I don't love him. Not the way I loved Braden and Greg. We have an attraction, but that's about as far as it goes.

"I packed your suitcase." I said, as he walked in and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Thanks, babe. My tux didnt need dry cleaned?" He asked, and I smiled.

"I picked it up last week, so it's ready to go. My bags are packed too, so we will be ready to leave early. Dad's going to keep us busy all weekend. Meet and greet tomorrow night, speeches Saturday, then the fundraising event that night." I said.

"Are you sure you're up to all that, Doc? That's a lot for those swollen feet." He's so protective.

"I'll sit a lot and only have heels for the big event, rest is in all flats."

He smiled approvingly.

He ate while I took a bubble bath. I almost fell asleep, just before he came in and slipped in behind me.

"Are you ready to see him this weekend? You know he is going to know, and I agree with your father that he should be told."

I leaned forward and he ran the sponge over my back and shoulders.

"No, I'm not ready. It's going to be hard, especially when his wedding is so coming up soon. I'm sure it'll be the talk of everyone. She's the daughter of the current Governor and all."

He chuckled. "Such a scandal. Marrying the first daughter, and he has the best girl pregnant. Wow, I don't envy the man." He said.

"Well, as far as people know, you're the daddy, so hopefully that'll be easier." I said.

"For who? The man isn't going to be happy if he thinks I'm going to be his child's father."

I sighed. "He made a choice. He didn't want me, so he threw us both away. As far as I'm concerned, this is my baby, he has no rights."

I know that's wrong, but he didn't just abandon me in New York, he proposed to another woman. For all I know, he could have been with her and cheated with me.

"It would have been easier if we would have met sooner, but you were pregnant when we met. The press might not know this, but he will." Nathan added.

I leaned back and kissed him. "You've been so good to us. I'm not sure how I would have survived without you. You're going to be a great godfather and uncle."

"He should know me, I'm the one that's been pounding into his mom all these months." He laughed, and I pinched him.

"You make it sound disgusting!" I laughed.

"I always hope I'm not poking him in the head or something, you're such a tiny woman." He laughed.

"You're crazy."