Beautiful

I wake with tears in my eyes. Damnit Greg, you bastard!

I snuck out of bed while Nathan is still sleeping. I gathered my clothes and went into the bathroom to throw them on, hoping to sneak away before he wakes up. It's not that I don't enjoy Nathan, it's because I feel guilty about Greg, and it pisses me off.

When I walked out of the bathroom, he was standing there in only sweats.

"I should get going, my father has a lot planned for me today." It was true.

"I'll walk you to the door." He placed a kiss on my head, then I picked up my shoes.

We stood at the door, and he put his arms around me. "Could I escort you tonight? That is, if you don't have a date."

Perfect! I already like Nathan, and I won't have to be alone tonight.

"Yes, I mean, I don't have a date, and I would love to attend with you."

He cupped my face and leaned down, before giving me a kiss that made me weak at my knees. Okay, maybe this can work, maybe I don't feel as guilty as I thought.

"I'll pick you up at 7, okay?"

"Sure, thanks for a great night." I blush, and he kisses me again. He's standing shirtless, and my mouth waters. Damn, I should have taken my mind off Greg last night, this man is amazing.

"Later, babe." He pecked my lips one more time, then I turned around to leave, and my stomach drops. I feel sick to my stomach when I see, none other than those piercing blue eyes standing there with his luggage, and a cute blonde.

I could see anger in his face, his fists balled up, and his knuckles turned white.

"Excuse me." I said before sliding past him, since he wouldn't move.

"Isabella!" Nathan called out. Shit! I stopped and turned, while Greg stood there and watched.

"I can't wait till tonight." He winked at me, then gave Greg a weird look.

"Me too." I stood in the hall internally panicking and waited for the elevator.

"What are you doing, baby? Let's go, are you okay?" The blonde asked.

"I'm fine!" He snapped at her, and finally, the doors opened and I hopped inside. I can't breathe, and I feel sick.

As soon as I got to my room, I dry heaved into the toilet. My stomach was empty, but what I did made me sick. Seeing the anger on Greg's face turned my stomach. He was with another woman, and I have no room to be angry.

I made it into the shower, sat on the floor, and cried. It felt familiar to how I was in London. Nathan did nothing wrong, so I'm not regretting letting him touch me, but I do regret betraying myself. I gave myself to Greg, and he threw me away.

There's nothing I did wrong, but it's how I feel about Greg that's killing me. Nausea stayed with me the entire day, through brunch, photos with the family, and the meet and greet.

"Are you okay, sis?" Jr. asked, and I shook my head no.

"Come on, I think you need some big brother time alone." He told Stephanie he would be back, and we went to the bar for a few drinks.

I told him everything about Greg, and I then, shamefully, told him everything about Nathan.

"Wow, little sis, when we said to live a little, we didn't mean sleep around." I slapped his shoulder, and he laughed.

"Okay, in all seriousness, you've got to give up on the notion that sex will erase your feelings for Braden and now Greg. You don't need that to heal. Greg is a fucking idiot for what he did. I didn't see it coming, and don't think Dad doesn't have his own opinion. Let loose and enjoy the evening, Greg doesn't deserve another thought."

We talked, and Jr. always makes me laugh and feel better. He is truly my best friend now that Braden is gone.

It didn't cure my unsettled feeling and how sick I feel, but it did lighten up my mood.

I slipped on my beautiful gown Blair made for me, and she came to the room and did my hair and makeup like I did for her. She brought champagne, and we were giggly by the time Nathan showed up at my room.

"You're breathtaking Isabelle." He kissed my hand and led me to the ballroom where Dad was already waiting.

This is a fundraiser for his campaign, so people were writing checks. I almost passed out when I saw the amount Nathan wrote his check for, but just swallowed like I had an apple in my throat and pushed it to the back of my mind.

After dinner, my already sour stomach sank when I saw Greg stand at the podium with the same blonde and an older couple I presume to be his parents. Greg spoke about Dad bringing his companies to Kentucky, and then the older man took the podium.

"My son has accomplished many things under General Benton's direction. This time though, he's making a big step under mine, and I'd like to announce my son's engagement to Governor Powel's daughter, Grace Powel."

My stomach turned and the whole room started to spin. Jr looked at me with pity in his eyes, just before I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I got sick again, and nothing felt better.

I feel terrible, but I can't even leave yet. Dad needs me and the night has barely begun. Stephanie came in and helped me and almost cried herself. She ran to the front desk and got me a toothbrush and toothpaste, then helped fix my makeup.

I haven't cried. I can't because I am just numb from head to toe.

The asshole is marrying the current Governor's daughter. How and why? I didn't even know they knew one another.

"Okay, you look much better, stay strong, and I'll be out there if you need me." Stephanie said.

I took a deep breath and remembered how strong I am, and if I can move on from Braden, I can move on from anyone.

I walked out of the bathroom, and the first thing I saw, was Greg dancing with little miss perfect.

"Are you alright?" Nathan kissed my cheek and put his arm around me. I smiled up at him.

"Never better."