Welcome Home

Greg's POV

"Bringing you with me was one of the best ideas I've ever had." I chuckle in Tessie's ear.

She looked at me and smiled. "Why?" She laughed. "How is taking your cousin to an event your best idea?"

I looked at her and smiled. "I'm starting to think she believes we are an item."

"Who, your baby mama?" She laughed.

"Yeah, she pretty much just raped me in the janitor's closet. I forgot all about you until she told me to finish my date and meet me in her room later."

Tessie laughed. "You better tell her or she will think you're playing games."

"Yeah, I didn't plan on not introducing you as my cousin, it's the weirdest thing." I laughed.

"So, are you back together?"

I smiled. "She said she would marry me."

Tessie's eyes shot up, and she squealed as she hugged me. "It's about damn time something good happens for you. I'm so happy for you, I could cry."

I saw the General walk up to me. "Greg, it's good to see you. Hello Tessie, is your father still coming?"

"Hello, General. Yes, he was tied up at the airport, but he's changing and will be down in a few minutes."

"Let me introduce you to my son." He waved to Jackson to come over.

"This is the one you've been trying to get me to meet?" Tessie smiled, and I can see her interest.

Jackson, being Bella's twin, is so much like his sister. After the introductions, they went out and danced. I could see him blush, and the General and I just laughed.

"Still playing matchmaker I can see." I said to him, and he just stood with a smile.

"It's a damn good thing my kids don't know exactly how much I meddle in their lives."

I had to laugh.

"Lance too?" He nodded.

"Her father was my college roomate."

I shook my head and laughed.

"JR and Stephanie?" He shook his head. "No that love blossomed on its own, but I might have had a hand in him being stationed in Ft. Knox."

"Bella and I? How much was you?" He leaned in.

"I may know the president of the airline and had your private jet held up at Logan International."

"You! You had her scheduled on that flight!" I laughed.

"Maybe, but in my defense, I didn't know you'd take my daughter in a janitor's closet." He glared at me.

"You know about that?" My stomach turned.

"I knew you'd have an effect on her, but nobody could have anticipated that, Greg. JR told me."

How did he know...ah, Bella.

"She said she'd marry me."

He smirked. "That's the best news I've heard in a long time." He smiled at me.

"You invited my uncle so I would bring Tess and make her jealous? You held him up so I escorted her! You conniving... brilliant man." We laughed, and he waved Bella and her date over.

"Look, your brother just may have met his match." Jackson's face is still red and he looks nervous.

"Keep it in the family, right?" The General nudged me, and we laughed.