Jealousy

We pigged out on greasy bar food and I, of course, had no more than my one beer. The bar wasn't busy since it's a Monday night, but Darren and Cody came in for their usual beer after work.

We all went out and danced, and I laughed at Darren as he, of course, threw me over his shoulder.

"Hop on!" He yelled.

"What?"

"Let's take a ride on the wild side!"

Cody lifted me up, and I laughed as Darren gave me a piggy back ride. Everyone in the bar was laughing until a dominating presence entered. I knew who it was by the tiny hairs on my neck.

"Hi." I'm still on Darrens back.

"Umm, hi." He looked up at me with hooded eyes.

Darren cleared his throat and put me down, and I guess Cody didn't see Greg or just didn't care. "I'm coming home with you tonight, angel." Cody twirled me around and planted a kiss. I hit his arms to let go, because I can tell this won't end well for either of us.

"Cut it out, Cody!"

Greg pulled me to his side, and I looked up and saw Jr. "Jr. brought you?"

He nodded. "We will talk later about this, but I want a beer now."

He pulled me to the bar with him and ordered his beer.

"What's got your panties in a tangle?" I teased him.

He pulled me into him. "You! I missed you." His lips slammed down on mine, and of course, my friends all start hooting and yelling I told you so's.

I blushed when he pulled away. "Dammit, you know what happens when I see you blush."

Of course, I blush even more.

He smiled and pulled me out to the dance floor. "You're beautiful tonight, something changed." He whispered in my ear.

"It was a long day."

"What did you do?"

I looked into his eyes. "I said goodbye to Braden." I could feel a tear trying to escape.

He cupped my face. "Are you okay?"

I nodded. "It wasn't easy."

He pulled me into him and swayed to the music, he placed a kiss on my head. "It'll get easier."

He went back and finished his beer, while I said bye to the girls.

He held his hand out.

"What?"

"Keys, I want to drive."

"You think you're driving my truck? Have you even driven a truck?"

He gave me a lame look.

"Yes, smartass."

I snorted. "I forgot about the Army."

"Why can't I drive?"

"I won't be able to sit still in my seat if I dont." He wiggled his eyebrows.

I hopped in and sat close to my door just to mess with him.

"You're too far away." He said.

"No, I'm right where I'm supposed to be."

He reached over and pulled me next to him. "That's better."

It's already getting hot in here.

He put his hand on my thigh and smiled at me, and that's all it took.