3. Friend

Clara

"Hey, are you okay?" Mat asked getting out of his car.

"Yes, and thank you for coming. I didn't know what else to do" I said embarrassed.

"It's okay" he said looking at me.

"I need a place to stay the night. I promise I will be gone before you know it" I said quickly.

"You don't have to say that. You can stay as long as you need" he said not thinking about it twice.

"But, why are you helping me?" I asked surprised.

"I don't want to talk about it" he said opening the door for me.

I got in his car and was quiet throughout the entire time.

*****

"You can spend the time you need here. You don't have to worry about me I usually stay out with my friends" he said showing me around his house.

"Thank you" I said grateful.

"I will be going. Feel at home" he said as he walked out the door.

The first thing I did was walk to the fridge, I was starving.

****

I started frying chicken and boiling water for the spaghetti

I texted Mat:

Would you like to join me? I made fried chicken and spaghetti.

He replied:

Thank you, but I have other things I need to do. Enjoy your dinner I'll be fine.

I was going to eat by myself again.

Great! I guess.
I thought trying to cheer up.

Suddenly, my phone started ringing.

"Hi, mom" I said happy to hear from her.

"What have you done!" My mother shouted furious.

"Huh" I said confused.

"How could you leave your husband like nothing are you insane" she said yelling at me.

"Do you want me to live a miserable life. I don't love him and never will" I said taking a bite from my food.

"A miserably life he has done nothing but treat you like a queen" she said trying to calm down.

"Is it? because for me it feels like he is keeping me prisoner. He is a abusive person that will always treat me like crap. Living with him is worst than being in prison" I said.

"Abusive, does he hits you?" My mother asked sounding shocked.

"Yes, he hits me and forces me to do what he wants. He never told me you talked to him. He always made it clear that you abounded me. He hates the things I like. He pulled me into a pool and I almost drowned" I said not controlling myself.