6. Again

Jack

Clara looked terrified as I walked towards her and put my hands around her neck.

"How dare you leave me for someone else!" I shouted pulling her closer to me and tightening my grip on her throat.

"Let go" she said wincing in pain.

"A slut like you doesn't even deserve to live" I said pushing her against the wall.

Observing her and her surroundings. Until my eyes stopped on a picture that was on a small table.

There was a picture of that man with his arms around my wife. I quickly looked at her in tighten my hold.

"Jack, let go" she said in a low voice. I was tempted to let her go but my ego stopped me.

"Tell me you love me" I said putting my head against hers.

"I.." She started to say but stopped.

Please, say it, don't stop! I thought. But she only stared at me.

"Tell me" I ordered feeling my blood boiling from anger.

"I love you" She said looking at me emotionless.

"Lets go" I said grabbing her arm and dragging her with me.

"Jack, I have never betrayed you with anyone else please believe me" she said pleading.

I wanted so badly to believe her but her actions and the pictures didn't lie.

There was to many proofs to just turn a blind eye to the situation.

"Than prove it" I said without looking at her.

"How?" She asked fear in her voice.

"I want you to make him lose everything he has" I said coldly.

"I can't and won't do that, he helped me out. I will do nothing" She said struggling to free herself.

That man really means something to my wife. She would even die trying to defend that man. What does he have that I don't?

"Than you get to see what I'll do to him" I said pushing her inside my car. I will not lose my wife to a nobody.

"Why don't we talk about our divorce instead of hunting my friends" she said getting out of the car and calmly walking towards me.

"I will never divorce you" I said angrily.

I will never divorce Clara even if my love for her kills me.

"I don't love you! Why can't you just let me go. You can still find someone else to marry you and live happily" She said trying to make me understand. That we can't be together.

"I will never let you go. We are married don't forget that! The only way you will ever be away from me is the day you die" I said walking closer to her.

"Then kill me because I will never go back to you!" She yelled furious.

"Clara don't make me lose my patience and get in the car" I ordered. Opening the door of the car and waiting for her to get on.

"Why do you want me by your side if I hate you" She said hitting me in the chest.

Her stubbornness was making me furious. I wanted so badly to make her see my point of view.

"You hate me but you need me. Do you think I can be used by you whenever you want!" I said grabbing her arms and pulling her closer to me.

"I don't need anything from you! I would rather die than ask for your help" she said struggling to free herself.

"Are you sure? Because your mother called begging me to give her money to pay for her debts" I said tightening my grip.

"We can solve our own issues" She said determine.

"Fine, but don't come begging for help because to me your died" I said letting her go.

"That means we are finally getting divorced" She said surprised.

I hated the look of hope she had in her eyes.

"No, that means I will be waiting for you to come back and I will be keeping a close eye on you" I said walking toward my car.

"Stop, getting involve in my life!" She shouted as I got inside my car.

She hurried to the house and slammed the door.

She was still watching me from a windows as I drove of.

****

"You see Jack, Clara is not so innocent as she looks" Susan said putting her hands on my back.

"How did you find me?" I asked without looking at her.

"Jack, I know you so well. Every time Clara makes you mad or upset you come to this club and drink until your drunk" she said sitting next to me.

"She hates me" I said defeated and drinking my drink.

"Jack, you don't need her. You have me..." she was starting to say.

"Don't! I just need to be by myself" I said interrupted her.

"Please, Jack don't you want to hold a child that can bring you joy in your life. I can be that women that can give you the family you want. I would never cause you this trouble like Clara does. I would only think about you and nobody else" she said staring at me.

"I would be the happiest man in the world if my wife was the one to give birth to my children. Understand she is my only happiness" I said without hesitation.

"If only she loved you" she said with a laugh.

" I didn't ask for your opinion" I said getting up to leave.

"Jack, I won't stop until you love me!" She yelled frustrated.

I kept walking.

Not wanting to hear any more nonsense.

I arrived home and sit on the sofa. Wondering how things turned out this way. Was my behavior the thing that scared Clara away from me? Do I need to change? To grab her attention.

This is not what I expected when I married her. I had different plans or dreams. Maybe everything was a dream that I had and it could never turn realistic.

****

"Jack, your so funny" Clara said laughing so hard.

"Really, than I should probably become a clown" I said grabbing paint from my desk.

"You wouldn't dare!" Clara said disbelief in her eyes.

"How much do you bet?" I asked with a smile.