30. Unbelievable

Clara

The sudden light blinded me as we exit the mansion.

I don't know if the mansion looked creepier at night or day. Because the mansion looked the same as the first time I step foot in this place.

"And..." I said trying to process Steven words through my brain.

I don't remember being that way with Jack. He was arrogant and rude.

But he never laughed at me for feeling sick or getting injured.

He didn't help but he didn't insult me either.

"He was so mad that he grabbed her and throw her in the pool. She cussed him out good" he said laughing.

"That was mean. He should respect her more" I said looking at him.

"He does but she is such a witch" he said in a low voice. As david stopped and looked at us.

"Pay attention. If you two get lost I will have to come back for you! And more you Clara because you have never been here!" david shouted at us.

"We're going! Calm down crazy guy!" I yelled back.

Steven wince at the words but didn't say anything.

David looked like he was going to say something but he turned and kept walking.

"I thought he was going to yell at you and hit you" steven said in a low voice.

"He better not" I said out loud.

An idea hit me.

"Steven you know this place from the palm of your hand, right?" I asked in a low voice and stood right in front of him.

"Will of course" he said looking behind me to see David.

"I don't believe you. Than show me around" I said stubborn.

"I'll show you later. Father wants us to follow him" he said going around me to follow David.

"O.. Will I only wanted to get to know you but I guess that David is more important. I always dreamt about having a brother to talk to and laugh. Being there for each other" I said upset.

"We can do that anytime but David won't let us live long if we disobey. He hates to be ignored. I'll help you convince father to let you go but you need to be patient" he said grabbing my hand and speeding up his walk to catch up with David.

David was waiting for us sitting in top of a rock. His face was red from anger.

"I thought you two had ran away. I told you two to stay close to me and yet you two stayed behind. Do you want to die Steven? You know better" David said getting up and walking toward us.

"I was admiring the view. If I decide to stay here I can imagine the things I could do with mother nature" I said faking a smile.

"Will you can walk and admire the view don't distract Steven" he said grabbing my arm and forcing me to walk besides him.

"Ouch! It hurts! Can you, please let go" I shouted struggling to free myself.

"You do what I say and nothing else" he said with a frown.

"Let go!" I shouted struggling to free myself.

"Father let me take her. We won't get distracted again" Steven said hurrying to my side.

Pulling me away from David.

"You dare go against me!" He yelled going directly towards Steven.

"Leave him alone!" I yelled getting between them and pushing David.

He clench his hand into a fist but never hit me.

"If you weren't my daughter..." He said trying to calm down.

He would have killed me by now. But I wouldn't care if I didn't have to live with this guy.

Jack

Diego had plans to search everywhere for Clara.  But it was a lost case.

And I can't wait for that crazy guy to make a move.

The house was suffocating. Diego was tense not knowing what my next move would be.

I walked outside the house.

I was so distracted that I bumped into someone.

"Sorry" I said as I looked at the person.

The women looked young and pretty. She looked scared as she looked at me and grabbed my arm.

"You need to help her! She can't live a life like that" the women said tightening her grip.

"Who do you want me to help?" I said surprised.

"I know where she is. Your looking for Clara also right" the women said looking around as she talked.

"Yes" I said quickly.

Grabbing her arm and walking to Diego house.

"We can talk here don't worry" I said as I closed the door.

"Please! Help her. I know you used to have feeling for her and you can change like your father did" she said grabbing my hands.

"My father loved you more than me" I said pushing her hands away from me.

"That is not true. He wanted you to be by his side so badly. But he didn't want to take you away from your mother. He was a good men don't ever forget that. If he was a bad guy I would have never survive in the past" she said staying far away.

"Tell me where Clara is. That is the only thing we have in common" I said coldly.

"Just like your father" she mumble.

"I have a way for you to go without being noticed by his people" she said walking towards me and handing me a map.

"The only thing I want is to go with you. I want to save both my son and daughter" she said determined.

"Is he that bad" I said eyeing her.

"David wants Clara to marry her brother... Also your brother" she said looking away.

I think I heard wrong. I never had siblings.

"I had a son with your father. David took him away and raised him after killing your father" she said after a couple of awkward silence.

"But I.." I couldn't finish my sentences.

"Didn't know. Your father died to soon" she said blinking tears away.

"Lets not waste time. We have to rescue Clara" I said trying to calm down.

The only thing that matter was to get Clara safe.