31. fake

Clara

The walk was long.

I was about to give up and sit on the ground.

But a women appeared to greet us.

She was the same women that opened the door for me when I arrived to the mansion.

It was to dark inside the mansion but she was not there and she never spoke up for me.

My instinct was warning me to be cautious.

The women forced a huge smile and walked towards me.

"My daughter, I missed you so much. I could never forgive myself for leaving you alone" she said putting her arms around me.

"Can you let go?" I asked narrowing my eyes.

"But I cannot let you go. Please st...stay here with us" she said in a soft tone.

"Like she should listen to a crazy women like you! You left us and still think we will be here for you" Steven spoke up and pulled her away from me.

"Steven don't be like that I have always tried to be a good mother to you. Your father knows" she said looking at david.

"Sure, staying away and also keeping my sister away" Steven said coldly.

"You have to believe me. I did everything for both of you" she said almost begging to Steven.

"Don't lie! And stay away from Clara or I will kill you" steven said grabbing her from her arms and pushing her towards david.

"Are you sure your even my mother?" I said eyeing her suspiciously.

"How can you say that!" She said mortify.

"Where is the proves" I said not trusting her.

She opened the door to the mansion. And she didn't even show any emotion when she saw me.

"My word counts and Davids" she said glancing at David.

"I can also confirm everything Veronica is saying" a voice came from behind a tree.

I quickly looked to see Dr. James appearing in front of me. He was a close friend to my parents.

My heart sink thinking about him lying to me.

He was like a brother to my father and had basically grown up together.

"You want me to trust them" I said pointing at david and veronica.

"Yes, you know I would never lie to you" he said walking towards me. Steven quickly stood between us. Not letting Dr. James get close to me.

I trust him.

But people change. He was acting weird.

He would never come to the middle of nowhere, to confess or confirm anything.

"Promise that everything is true in the memory of my father" I said pushing Steven aside and stood face to face with the doctor.

He was quiet for a couple of seconds and spoke up again.

"They are your parents. If you need a DNA test to confirm your doubts we can do that" he said never taking his eyes off me.

He was saying the truth but something was off.

The way he stood and walk differently.

I forced a smile like veronica and faced them.

"Fine, I believe you. But I don't want to stay" I said as cheerful as I could.

David

Clara was acting to cheerful.

She could see through my lie so quickly.

"Lets make a deal" I said.

She hesitated to speak up.

"What deal? You told me to hear you out yet you want to still make me stay" she said trying to speak in a soft tone.

"Stay here for a week and I won't bother you anymore" I said quickly.

"How will I know that you will keep your word" She said crossing her arms.

"It's a risk you have to take" I said.

She was eyeing me. To her I was a crazy bastard that only thought about myself. But I was thinking about her, too.

She had gone through a rough time but it was not my fault.

If I could I would have killed everyone that bothered her.

I didn't want her to go though what I did.

****

My parents changed me to a different school. Trying to get away from people stares and rumors.

Also trying to keep me safe from my uncles mistakes.

It didn't even passed the first day of school when a group of boys cornered me against a wall.

"Look at that hair! Its so dirty and messy! Disgusting!" A boy about my age said standing in front of me.

My classmates bullied me afterwards every day.

Their parents found out my uncle was a criminal. I was 8 years old by that time but that didn't stop other children and adults from bullying me.

Uncle was on the news. He was accused of murder and fraud.

My father had to buy a bunch of people to get my uncle out of jail.

"Are you going to kill us like your uncle did to those people" a boy said as I glared at him for throwing my papers in the floor.

I stayed quiet.

There was a teacher watching far away from her classroom. But she didn't move or say anything to the kids that were bullying me.

'One day. One day I will get even. They will regret this' I thought furiously.

I didn't say anything as my parents greeted me by the door.

They looked so happy.

"How was school?" My mother asked cheerful.

"I had fun" I said walking to the kitchen.

"I had something to speak about" my father said.

My mother was quietly looking at father.

"We will go visit my brother" my dad said.

My mother flinched at the words like it was a slap in the face.

"No!" she said going to my side.

"We need to stick together like the family we are" my father said coldly.

"He is family but I don't trust him" my mother said putting her arms around me.

"But I do" he said walking towards my mother.

She took a few steps behind.

She tighten her hold on me.

"He will not be like him or you" my mother said scared.