29. help

Veronica

After we ran away.

Everything was fine for a while.

We feel in love and tried to make a normal life. But David always located us.

I went to report it to the police.

He stopped appearing for a while.

But after being with santiago for two years peacefully Santiago disappeared.

I search for him in even came face to face with David.

He killed Santiago and made me watch.

He asked for his daughter but I never told him.

He tortured me and even took my 1 year old son away.

But I never spoke up.

Even if it killed me. I was never going to speak the truth.

That was the only reason he let me live. He thought that I would let my guard down and go looking for my daughter. But I was stronger than that.

I just felt sorry for my son but I had to protect my daughter from going through the same thing that happened to me.

Clara

It was cold.

The darkness was getting in my nerves.

I banged on the door.

"Please, let me go!" I shouted.

Why did bad stuff always happened to me.

I sit down again.

I hope Diego found a way to help me.

There was a knock and  Steven entered the room.

"What do you want" I said coldly.

"Father wants to know if you calmed down. He wants to try speaking to you again" Steven said walking towards me and put his hands out to help me stand up.

"Don't get near me!" I shouted furious push his hands away.

"Please, don't be like this" Steven said looking hurt.

"How do you want me to be! Sorry, that my mood is not what you want. I can't fake being in love with a total stranger. I couldn't do that with jake and I'm not doing it now with my brother" I said getting up and walking out the room.

"I do not like to be compared to someone else" he said following me.

"That was not the way I saw it. Father beats you up and you still defend him"  I said going fast up the stairs.

"The only thing I know is that he was always by my side. He is my father. He raised me unlike my real parent" he said catching up with me.

"He is a psycho" I said.

"He is right you know. Our family needs to stick together and more when we need each other" he said grabbing my hand.

"You have been brainwash. There are a bunch of beautiful women out there that you could be happy with. Don't be like your father. Unless you want to spent the rest of your life in loneliness and in hiding" I said smacking his hand away.

He stayed quiet and walked in front of me pushing my to the side along the way.

He was mad.

But I was furious.

How dare he try to brainwash me!

I tried to calm down. I know he talks like that because he grow up like that.

If I was isolated from everyone in lived in the middle of nowhere.

I would go crazy too and more if I was raised by criminals.

After, a couple of minutes I stood facing David. I could never call him dad.

My father died years ago when I was a child.

He was a police.

He never treated me bad. He was always laughing and joking around. When my mother would scold me he would defend me from her. He unfortunately died in a mission finding a murder.

My mother never spoke about what happened.

I even mentioned that I also wanted to become a police officer and chase after the case father left unsolved.

"You have hurt your father deeply with your behavior. Do you have anything to say to me" David said sitting in a dark chair. I had to squint my eyes to see his body shape in the darkness. For a minute I thought the chair was empty.

"Can I go home and email you my thoughts and feeling" I said sarcastic.

"Clara, I want us to get along. You won't regret it" he said getting up.

"You want to marry me to my brother! Sorry, but I cannot do anything against my will. Not again" I said crossing my arms.

"I will do anything to please you. You don't have to marry Steven. Just stay here with us....with family" he said in a soft voice.

Steven didn't say anything and walked towards David in stood there besides him.

"David, I want to be around other people. Live my life doing what I enjoy. Not lock up in a dark mansion isolated with nothing to do" I said annoyed.

"Fine, lets do this. I'll throw a huge party every month and introduce you to new friends" he said quickly.

"I don't need you choosing my friends.  I want to leave and I won't stop until I'm back him" I said furious.

"Fine. Then I'll have to bring your mother here so she can change your mind about this. If she still doesn't change your mind I will let you go" he said walking towards me and grabbing my hand.

"Follow me" he said as I push his hand away from me.

I followed him staying a few feet away from him.

Steven walked in the front with David. Mumbling something to David and laughing.

David didn't laugh or spoke back to him.

Steven kept talking but the only response he got was nothing. Like he was invisible.

"Steven, what do you find so funny" I said walking towards him.

Feeling bad that he was treated bad by David. But he was oblivious to his situation.

"My friend Ben said that when a married women is tired of her husband she always fakes a headache. When that happened to him in his 1st year of marriage he begged her not to leave him. She was shocked by his reaction that she actually smacked him behind the back of his head" he said with a huge grin.