Chapter 16

AGENTS CHUCK BARTOWSKI/CHARLES CARMICHAEL AND SARAH WALKER

HOTEL ALTIMARA, CARACAS VENEZUELA

The sun shone bright through the window where Chuck and Sarah lay wrapped in each others arms. Sarah woke first, rising and disentangling her legs from Chuck's, kissing him on his sleeping cheek before she rose out of the bed.

Sarah loved scenic sunrises and she stood in the window clad in her panties and tank top to watch this one. It was beautiful, the different hues of every color imaginable lit up the sky. A hand soon found its way around her waist, followed by its match and she felt the weight of Chuck's chin resting gently on her shoulder, causing her to involuntarily smile.

"How did you sleep, Mrs. Carmichael?" Chuck asked Sarah, kissing her cheek. Sarah turned in his arms to face him.

"Like a dream," she answered. They kissed each other with a lazy familiarity of a couple who had been doing so their whole lives. Sarah smiled back up at him as their lips parted.

"Are you ready for your last day in South America?" Chuck sighed and held her close, resting his chin on her head while he thought about it.

"I'm not going to miss not seeing you in your Brazilian bikini, I tell you that much," he answered lewdly. Sarah gave him a look but smiled it away. Chuck loved her ability to take his humor.

"I tell you what, you wear that banana hammock and I'll wear the bikini when we get home," she kissed him softly, "when we're alone," she kissed him again, "and unoccupied."

Chuck smiled widely and watched her walk away from him towards the bathroom. He stood there for a moment before walking away from the window himself and ordering room service. Eggs and your assorted breakfast meats were pretty universal wherever they went to, so Chuck ordered that, along with instructions to leave a rose on the tray for his beloved.

After replacing the receiver, Chuck took his turn in the bathroom while Sarah went over her arsenal of weapons and laid out her outfit for the night's adventure. They had plenty of time left, but they were due for their last-minute briefing before the party and subsequent arms deal.

It wasn't long before a knock came to the door and Sarah pulled the rolling tray into their room with a nod and a tip to the server who looked very pleased when he saw how much she had given him.

Sarah lifted the silver cover off the platter of breakfast meats and wasn't terribly surprised when she saw the silver envelop taped on the underside of it. She sat on the bed and grabbed at a sausage to eat while she opened up the message and read it.

PARTY AND FOLLOWING DEAL SET UP AT XINGU PRAIA HOTEL

0000 HOURS

CIA, NSA, BNIS ALL SET UP

CODE PHRASE: IRON PURSES

COORDINATES INCLUDED

Chuck came out of the bathroom and Sarah glanced his way, turned to the note and then did a quick double-take, her eyes lighting up and her smile wider than ever. She burst out laughing as Chuck posed in his bathing suit, the "banana hammock," as Sarah called it. He put his arms behind his head and thrust his hips forward, strutting about the room until he came to her, dancing a little sexy dance in front of her.

Sarah put her hands in front of her face, laughing at his antics.

"Chuck! What are you doing, we have to be getting ready for the briefing," she cried out between gasps for air.

Chuck turned and wiggled his bare butt in front of her, shrieking like a girl when she slapped it and dancing back and forth in front of her once again.