12. She's Worth Fighting For

"So you wanna tell me what's going on?" Rosé asks.

It was early morning before school. They decided to get coffee since Lisa still needed to tell Rosé what was going on with Jisoo.

"Well, as you know Jisoo Unnie was in the hospital."

"Of course."

"The doctor told us that he'd run test and if anything came up he'd let us know. Unfortunately for us he called and...Jisoo Unnie...Jisoo Unnie has stage two lung cancer." Lisa looks down at her cup, feeling the lump in her throat grow.

"Lung c-cancer? Is she doing okay? Is she getting treatment?"

"At first She didn't want to...but we begged her. Mostly Jennie convinced her to do the treatment so she has been." Lisa says. "She's been spending a lot of time at home with Jennie. She won't return to school for a couple weeks."

"I'm so sorry Lisa," Rosé holds her hand on the table. "Can we maybe go see her at lunch?"

"Yeah definitely, She'll like that." Lisa nods with a half hearted smile.

They leave the cafe soon after, Lisa's hand in hers as they approach the car. Lisa stops them making her look at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just, I uh wanted to say thanks. You being here with me makes me feel a lot better...especially with everything going on at home. And I just—I love you is all." Lisa says nervously.

This was her first serious relationship, she didn't know if she was moving too fast, or if she'd scare Chaeyoung away. She was being cautious. The last thing she wanted was to lose her.

Chaeyoung only smiles at her softly. "I love you too. I'll be here for you Lisa."

It makes a smile return onto Lisa's lips.

"Now lets go before we're late for school." Rosé says.

"Okay," Lisa nods.

•••

They sit through a boring first period class together before parting ways for second period. Lisa takes her usual seat next to Bobby.

"Hey what's up?" Bobby asks.

"I've been better, how about you?"

"I'm okay," He shrugs. "What's got you so sad?"

"It's Jisoo Unnie. She's...really sick." Lisa says.

"Sick? Does she have the stomach flu that I had?" Bobby frowns.

"No, it's worse than that." Lisa sighs.

"Damn that really sucks. Send her my best wishes yeah?"

"Yeah I will," Lisa gives a half hearted smile.

"Hey," Bobby says. "If you ever need someone to talk to I can listen. You can count on me Okay?"

"Thanks Bobby, you're a really good friend." Lisa says leaning her head on his shoulder.

"You're pretty cool too Manoban." He sighs patting her head. "Maybe one day I'll even tell you my real name." He smiles.

"And maybe one day I'll tell you mine." She smiles back.

•••

As usual Lisa searches down the hall for a familiar fall figure. Her pink hair has sorta faded these days but she was still as beautiful.

The moment she spots her tall bean she makes her way over, throwing her arms around her neck from behind to hear the usual surprised giggle and squeal.