[ u n o ]

<Jeongguk's POV>

My black all star converse hit the linoleum floor of the familiar shop, each paired with a soft tap sound.

ₜₐₚ ₜₐₚ ₜₐₚ

I continue to walk, the camera around my neck causing some discomfort. I shoo the uncomfortable feeling away and continue to walk. The sleeves of my black hoodie are scrunched up to my elbows, my sunshine tattoo visible. 

"Jin-Hyung I'm here."

I hear the soft tap of his loafers and see the messy mop of brown hair atop his head. The soft locks bounce with every step. He's dressed in his normal attire for the shop. A long sleeve, collared polo and an apron with a pair of scissors in one of the deep pockets.

"Hey gguk come on behind the counter I have something to show you." his lips jut out with every syllable.

He gestures for me to follow and I comply. I walk through to the storage of the flower shop, all the way to the back where they keep the greenhouse. 

"We have new arrivals, something from America too."  

"There's a particular seed I want you to grow."

"It'll help you with your loneliness." he drags out the word loneliness, and it rings in my head for a few seconds.

I stop and sulk for a second. It hasn't been that long since he's been gone has it? Jin Hyung seems to notice my dejected expression and quickly changes the subject.

"I figured that maybe if you had something else other than classwork to keep you occupied, it would raise your spirits a bit! You could even talk to the plants if you'd like, they're great listeners."

"I'm not gonna grow a plant to keep me company."

"Don't worry gguk, this flower is worth it. He- It's very unique and genetically engineered. we've never seen anything like it. You'll be the first to grow one."

I've never grown any plants before let alone had a pet on my own, but I still take the seed just in case I'm bored and decide to toss it into some dirt.

"Maybe I'll consider trying to grow it."

"Don't worry the plant is pretty self-sufficient, you shouldn't have to worry about it too much."

 I stashed the seed in the pocket of my hoodie and turned on my heels to walk out of the store.

"Text me when you get home gguk, tell Jimin I said hi." 

"sure"

I reply monotonously and put my earbuds back in. I let the same tunes flood my ears as I continue to walk to my shabby apartment building. My black converse still makes the same tap sound as I walk up the stairs to my shared apartment. 

I stop in front of the door before inserting my key and turning it inside the lock. When I enter I set my camera and bag on the table. No one is home. 

"Jimin is probably out with Namjoon." I feel bitter as the words rise out of my throat. When I put my hands into my pocket looking for my phone I feel the seed Jin gave me earlier.

I look at the seed for a few seconds and turn it around in my hands, but I just throw it into one of Jimin's botanical assignments for class.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay! So the first chapter! I'm  not angry but I should ask my English teacher for writing tips uwu