[ o c h o ]

Jeongguk was walking home, carrying Yoongi on his back. The small boy was very lightweight and smelled of daisies. Sure, it was cold and Yoongi had his hoodie on, but it was nice to be so close to him. Yoongi had his chest directly pressed against Jeongguk's back, his small breaths on his neck. Yoongi smelled nice, so nice that Jeongguk could've taken him right then and there, but that wasn't very gentlemanly. 

Instead, he continued to walk through the dewy grass, his familiar black converse getting wet with each step. Yoongi was barefoot, so of course, he couldn't walk through the wet grass. He would get sick, or would he? He had the genetic makeup of both a plant and a human so would dewy grass harm or help him?

It was then that Jeongguk realized he knew virtually nothing of Yoongi's health status or what hurts him. He picked up his pace, gripping Yoongi's legs harder so he wouldn't drop him. It was kind of cold since it was so late at night, so the air was thin and it was hard to breathe. Jeongguk saw the sign of a familiar florist shop. Without thinking he jogged towards the entrance and walked in.

"Sorry sir but we're actually closed right now, I can take you in tomorrow?"

The worker at the back of the desk called without turning around to look who had walked in. Jeongguk simply walked towards the desk and tapped the worker on the shoulder, signifying he was here. 

"Jin-Hyung, it's me."

"Oh Jeongguk my boy! What brings you here so late at night?"

"Can we go to the back? So we can talk about the obvious elephant in the room?"

Jin opened the back door and guided Jeongguk to the back of the shop. In this room was another door that leads to a greenhouse, and several freezers where plants were kept fresh. Yoongi stirred in his sleep but never woke up, even when Jeongguk sat him on his lap to adjust his sleeping position. 

Seokjin sat across from Jeongguk and Yoongi, studying the smaller's body shape. 

"He seems smaller than he's supposed to be. So, what was raising him like?"

"I didn't raise him at all, I tore him out of that weird flower you gave me."

Seokjin looked utterly shocked and disgusted at what he was just told. 

"You...you what? You tore open the flower? You imbecile! You could've killed him! He could've gotten sick! What the hell Jeongguk?"

Jin pinched the bridge of his nose and tapped his shoes on the linoleum beneath his heel. After he collected himself he cleared away a table and nodded for Jeongguk to place Yoongi on it. The table was made of shiny steel, and Yoongi slowly began to open his eyes.

"Alright, Jeongguk I'm going to have to examine him, I don't know what parts of him are underdeveloped since you didn't allow him to come out on his own."

"So..can I stay or..?"

"I would prefer if you were gone but it's all his decision."

Seokjin looked at the now awake boy on the table, staring up at both of them. 

"If you're going to examine me I want Jeongguk to be here, I don't know or trust you."

Seokjin looked a bit sad at what he was told but obliged. 

"Alright, well shall we begin the examination?"

Yoongi sat up while Seokjin removed his shirt, and looked at his bone structure through his skin. His physical structure was fine, but it was his floral structure that worried Seokjin.

"Alright Yoongi, I need you to sprout some vegetation for me, as much as you can."

Yoongi nodded and tried his best to grow flowers, several small sprouts came from his fingertips, neck, arms, and several places on his back. The flowers were all different in size and shape and made Yoongi look ethereal. 

Seokjin cut the flowers off and made Yoongi grow more. The process was painful, but he was slowly strengthening the quality of the flowers that were produced. This lasted for about five hours until Yoongi could hardly keep his eyes open. 

Seokjin tapped Jeongguk on the shoulder after helping Yoongi get dressed again, and handed him over. 

"Bring him back in two days, I still have more tests I want to conduct. To get his energy back feed him some carbohydrates, preferably something with sugar."

Jeongguk nodded and took Yoongi on his back once more, and made the trek home. He walked slowly until the sun rose and he was in his room yet again. He had class in two hours, but he was too tired to go. He laid Yoongi on his chest and fell asleep, forgetting to shut the door.

When Jimin walked in with Namjoon hours later, he was pleasantly surprised to see the boy cuddled up with his new roommate. It was cute, like a small kitten being cuddled by a large dog. He took more pictures and made Jeongguk breakfast before heading back out for class.

They both slept soundly until the sun went back down, and woke up when Yoongi's stomach rumbled.

"Jeongguk..I'm hungry"

Yoongi poked Jeongguk'c cheek before giving up and going to the kitchen himself, he wrapped himself in a blanket and found the bottle of sugar water marked with his name and small heart messily scribbled on a sticky note. He smiled before gulping the water down and going back to cuddle with Jeongguk a bit more.

He snuggled into Jeongguk's neck, taking in his scent. He smelled different now, like strawberries. He breathed his scent in, remembering how alone he felt before Jeongguk. Maybe he did love him, maybe he wanted to stay this way forever. There was no way to be sure, whether he was replacing Jeongguk with Taehyung or if he actually wanted him.

He didn't care about that for the time being, he just snuggled more into Jeongguk's warmth and appreciated being there. Before falling back asleep he kissed his neck and mumbled a bit before slowly drifting off into dreamland.

"Jeongguk...I love you."

Jeongguk blinked his eyes and looked down at the small body on his side. Did he really just say that he loves me?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ugh ive been watching bnha sO much lately 

i finished the manga thank gOD but i havent watched rhe movie yet,,sucks :(