[ t r e s ]

<Jeongguk's POV>

I woke in a cold sweat, my joggers clinging tightly to my soaked skin. The white shirt I had previously worn now transparent, my muscles visible. I opened my eyes staring blankly at the ceiling for a few moments, drawing shapes into the slight lines made by the several layers of white paint that built up over the years.

My concentration was interrupted by 3 short but sharp knocks at my bedroom door. I'd recognize that knock from anywhere, it was Jimin. 

He knocked a few more times before gently entering and tapping my cheek in an attempt to wake me up. 

"Jeonggukie we have to go to school it's 1 PM already!! Both you and I have afternoon classes."

I could feel his soft skin poke me over and over, and I didn't mind it. Jimin had a very gentle aura around him, he was like a walking marshmallow. He was soft and pillowy and smelled faintly of peaches, his favorite scent.

He would always wear long sweaters that Namjoon had bought for him. It was cute, I'm envious.

I throw the blankets off of my body and peel the sticky material that is my shirt from my body. 

"I'm gonna take a shower Min, don't wait up."

"But Joonie and I were supposed to take you out today and-"

"It's fine, I was going to snap a few pictures of the scenery today anyway, and I would want to be alone to do that."

I threw my shirt into the hamper after giving it a quick sniff, deciding I'd wash my clothes today. After shooing Jimin away and making sure he left I stepped into the bathroom and gazed in the mirror.

I stared at my reflection, at the person who was supposed to be me. I picked at my face, squeezing cheek fat that wasn't there, wishing for a more prominent jawline, and wishing I didn't look like a thirteen-year-old. 

I let out a loud sigh and stripped myself of my clothes. My sweatpants and boxers fell into a lump on the floor, guaranteed to get wet from the water of the shower. 

I stepped into the shower allowing the warm water to graze my skin gently, sending me into some sort of peace and my mind relaxed. I snapped out of my trance and remembered where I was. 

I took a quick shower not wanting to be late to too many of my classes.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my bare waist, leaning over the sink to brush my teeth. 

When I finished, I opened the bathroom door to be met with the cold air that was the hallway. It was so warm inside the bathroom that it felt colder than normal, and I quickly walked to my room.

I was quick to get dressed, I was already late.

I didn't bother to get breakfast figuring I would just wait to eat during class. I reached for my bag and my camera, almost forgetting my phone in the process. I bounded out of the door locking it quickly and taking the stairs to the first floor of my apartment building.

I didn't want to talk to any tenants, so I made a quick escape onto the street slowing my pace when I was at least a block away from the building. I drowned out the sound of the city, putting in my earbuds and playing whatever song appeared on my playlist.

I let the music drown my ears as I walked, not caring for anything happening around me.  Multiple sets of tiny hands reached for my camera only to be stopped by a larger and a mumbled apology. I only nodded my head and continued on, walking towards the school I passed dozens of flower shops.

It was spring, which meant flowers would grow, and they could make a bit of profit off of the romantic saps who buy flowers. I reached the front gates of the school and stopped in my tracks. 

A vine of Jasmines was growing on a brick wall, my fingers slowly analyzed the scene searching for the perfect angle.  I quickly reached for my camera and took multiple shots of the brick. I looked through the photos deciding on the final two that I liked and made a mental note to save them to my laptop later.

I pushed open the gates and walked past the evergreens in the courtyard. They stood tall and intimidating, their green leaves moving ever so gently with the slight gust of wind that was present. 

It was an enthralling sight and I found myself snapping many more pictures. One of a butterfly, two of the trees, and one of my shadow, stretching across the pavement.

I hurriedly made my way to class thinking how late I was, and how much work I must've missed. I stepped into the class silently and made my way to my desk asking my deskmate what the lesson was about.

Thankfully the teacher didn't notice that I had been gone for the first half of class and carried on teaching like normal. We were starting a new class project.

We had to take out best photo of something we love along with a 3-page essay on why we loved it. We had 3 months to finish the assignment.

I wanted to wonder why we had such a long period of time to get it finished, but I just figured I'd use half of the time to procrastinate anyway. 

The school day went by rather quickly and I found myself staring at the city below me. I was on the balcony with Jimin's plants and my one plant that I talked to last week.

The small sprout had grown into an abnormally large flower that was almost as big as me.

I was alarmed at how big it grew, but Jin said it was normal for genetically engineered plants to grow to be humongous.

I wanted to see if the plant could actually talk, or if I was finally going crazy.

"Hey uh, it's me. We haven't introduced ourselves yet, but if you're truly there could you say something back?"

I hesitated as I was met with silence. 

I was going to walk back in and take a nap as I heard a small voice squeak.

"Hi"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im sleepy bYE