[ o n c e ]

Jeongguk had finally completed his photography assignment. The final piece was a collection of photos of flowers and Yoongi. He wrote his essay in under three hours on the energy of two red bulls, but it was sincere. He tucked the physical assignment into his portfolio bag and emailed his professor his essay. Following the events a week prior, both Yoongi and Jeongguk have met with Taehyung to try and jog his memory.

But nothing worked.

Yet again, Yoongi and Jeongguk were getting ready for another session with Taehyung. Yoongi looked determined as he slipped his sandals on and announced he was ready to go. Jeongguk shut his laptop off and slung his backpack over his back to join Yoongi at the door. Upon reaching the door he greeted as smiling Yoongi, in a large grey hoodie <which belonged to jeongguk> and black jeans with huge rips at the knees.

"Woah edgy."

Yoongi giggled and lightly punched Jeongguk in the arm.

"Seems like you've forgotten about the pictures Seokjin showed me of your highschool days. Shall I recreate one?"

Jeongguk tensed up and blushed a bright crimson.

"Nope, we don't need to do that let's go."

They walked out the door side by side and laughed the whole way. Yoongi had been improving his power every day. Now, without even trying he made the flora around him shine and look healthy. When he took a step, a patch of flowers grew in the empty space where his foot was.

Jeongguk wondered where he came from. But that might be rude to ask.

"So, what are you gonna do this time?"

Jeongguk looked down at Yoongi and asked.

"I'm going to hypnotize him, and try to scrape the memories out."

Jeongguk winced.

"Scrape? That sounds painful."

"Not actually scrape silly. But just, try and see if they're actually there. I have a hunch about something else but I just want to confirm it."

Jeongguk hummed in agreement, and they reached the botanical garden they were meeting Taehyung at.

Taehyung was analyzing a flower, focused on the leaves and petals and the small insects that slowly crawled over it. Jeongguk and Yoongi approached him, tapping his shoulder before saying hello.

"Ah. Hey"

"Hello, Taehyung."

Their exchange was a bit awkward, with Yoongi claiming they had such a deep past and Taehyung knowing nothing of this past.

"So, what is gonna jog my memory today?"

Taehyung spoke mockingly, and Yoongi wanted to shrivel up into the soil, Jeongguk noticed this and quickly interjected.

"Look, this is something you agreed to. Don't start regretting it now."

"I'm not. I just don't see the point if I don't remember him, he has you now anyway and I have Hoseok."

They began the session with Taehyung stripped bare, and with Yoongi growing a few flowers to place around him strategically.  He then pulled a flask of blue liquid out of Jeongguk's backpack and ordered Taehyung to drink it. Taehyung was hesitant but obliged. Soon after drinking it, his body went limp but he remained upright in his sitting position.

Yoongi gestured with his arms for Jeongguk to stand back and began chanting words in an unknown language. Soon, Taehyung's features began to change. With his ears becoming longer, and his limbs becoming lankier, and his body becoming thinner.

"Child of Fae, child of fae, wake up and come out to play."

Jeongguk was shocked. What was a 'child of fae'?

Taehyung stopped changing and gasped in air as his eyes opened. His hair had become a lighter shade of brown, and his eyes a deep forest green. He knelt in front of Yoongi and lowered his eyes.

"Yes, my prince?"

Woah.

Huh?

Jeongguk was bewildered. He's never seen anyone call Yoongi a prince if anything they call him a nymph.

"Hello, welcome back to your body Taehyung."

Taehyung smirked and stood to stand in front of Yoongi before picking him up and twirling him around.

"Ahahhaa! It's been too long! I was stuck in that human body for so long."

Yoongi blushed but laughed as well and hugged Taehyung back tightly.

"You remember me now?"

"Of course I do."

"So, who put you in that human body?"

"A researcher who had somehow found the moonpool and connected it to their research lab. I believe his name was, Seokjin?"

What
What
What?

Yoongi clicked his tongue and vines grew rapidly from his feet.

Taehyung gathered up his clothes and slipped them back on, the clothes now loose around his frame.

"We can regroup later, I need to go see Hoseok. To show him what I really am."

Yoongi let his shoulders drop. 

"Of course, I'll contact you when I'm ready. "

Taehyung made a hydrangea grow from his hand a kneeled to Yoongi.

"Dismissed"

Yoongi watched Taehyung walk off, and turned his attention back to Jeongguk, who was visibly shocked.

"What just happened?"

"I brought Taehyung back."

Yoongi smiled a little, happy that his friend was back.

"Does that mean you look like that too? With the ears and everything?"

Yoongi giggled.

"Yeah, but I'm royalty so I look a bit different. Wanna see?"

Jeongguk vigorously shook his head and Yoongi worried if it would pop off his neck.

Yoongi closed his eyes and allowed his true form to emerge, vines covered by multicolored flowers covered his hands, arms, and feet. His hair was adorned with a crown of flowers, and his ears became long, maybe longer than Taehyung's. His hair turned a soft blonde color, and his eyes went to a soft blue.

"Since I have twice the amount of magic as normal nymphs, these vines adorn my body."

Jeongguk gulped.

He looked so cute, pure and fairy like. He looked so cute he could just-

"Jeongguk? You okay?"

"Yeah, I just thought you're really cute like this. I mean you're cute all the time but this is like a higher level of cute. Superhuman cute."

Jeongguk stumbled over his words while Yoongi laughed. Jeongguk rubbed his nape that sported a blush that went from his cheeks to his ears. Yoongi wrapped his arms around Jeongguk's neck and leaned into his ear to whisper.

"Thanks, loverboy."

Jeongguk looked down into Yoongi's seemingly innocent eyes and kissed him. First on his forehead, then on his cheeks, then his neck, and finally his lips. Their kiss was short and sweet but full of passion.  Jeongguk wanted to ask what they were but decided to continue kissing Yoongi instead.

------------------------------------------------------oh yeah mr krabz owo