[ d o c e ]

Xenophobia.

Fear of the unknown, something common for Yoongi. His entire life he was surrounded by support and unconditional love from the people of his hidden kingdom. The fae, a race thought to have been eradicated by humans long ago, who were now forced to hide deep away in forests away from any contact with other races. Those are Yoongi's citizens, the ones he is destined to rule over as crown prince. The only one born to the king and queen of fae. 

Not that it matters anymore.

Now he's here, in the human world living with a human--

falling in love with a human.

Yoongi silently turns to stare at Jeongguk's sleeping face. He's cute as ever, hair a mess atop his pillow, cheek smooshed against the sheets which have been torn off the mattress by his messy sleeping habits. Normally, Yoongi would hate this. His destined partner, Taehyung is the one he's meant to lay with at night, to kiss, to hug.

But that's all in the past, isn't it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeongguk stirs uncomfortably and searches for Yoongi's small body to cuddle against, but when he reaches out to grab him, he's not there. Alarmed, he darts up out of bed to search for him. Hw finds Yoongi on the balcony talking and tending to the plants, forgotten by Jimin. Yoongi's small frame makes him swim in the shirt he's borrowed from Jeongguk to sleep in <despite having his own>. His knees are pressed to his chest with his head resting on them at an angle.

He talks in a language Jeongguk doesn't recognize, but it sounds a bit like Latin, a language he became acquainted with due to another assignment. He just sits and watches him for a while. The cool night air blowing in through the open door, the quiet buzz of crickets, and the croaking of frogs all calming him. Yoongi's hair blows in the wind, the blonde color strikingly bright against the dark of his shirt. 

He's beautiful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, gguk"

"mn?"

"I, I love you. A lot."

Jeongguk stops for a bit. His heart stops for a few seconds. It's like the room they were in suddenly became so much smaller, like the background music of the TV just became mere white noise, and all Jeongguk could hear was his own rapidly beating heart. 

Yoongi, who was seated on his lap, turned around to face the now red boy and looked up at him expectantly. 

"I.."

Jeongguk gulped.

"I love you too"

Yoongi smiled. That precious, gummy smile that shows off his pearly whites and pink gums. 

They'll be alright.

"What about Seokjin? Are you going to question him about why he did it?"

"No, we've already figured out why."

Yoongi smirked and kissed Jeongguk chastely, before snuggling into his chest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seokjin smirked.

"Seems my work is done. I've returned peace to the fae kingdom by delivering their prince to the human world, and giving him a 'human' lover."

He ran one finger along the cartilage of his ear, long and pointed, and ruffled his hair, soft and light blonde.

"You're welcome, little brother."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the end, it's incredibly rushed but I wanna work on other stuff! make what you want of it, it's an open ending :>

the way I see it, jeongguk is of mythic blood but doesn't know it, seokjin does, and used him to marry his little brother <yoongi> off to him in order to restore peace between the two kingdoms, this way mythics, humans, and fae can pass through the respective worlds freely, as it should have been. 

As for Taehyung and Yoongi, they were lovers, but have since moved on. It wouldn't have worked out anyway, seeing as though Yoongi is royalty and Taehyung is only nobility, they couldn't have continued their relationship! 

Thanks for reading to the end, and remember a book is whatever you want to make it, writing is free and without prejudice.