Chapter 14: Pirate Ship

Marinley

"Hey, I know you're gonna be busy tonight but I need your help!"

Not even a good morning? Why can't he just let me sleep?

"What the fuck do you want? I'm trying to sleep." I grumbled, turning over and burying my face into my bed.

"I think I found a pirate ship and it might have treasure in it! Please come with me!"

I sat up with a groan, giving Eliyah a look of disdain. "You can't go by yourself?"

He shook his head, giving me a hopeful look. "Please best friend?"

I sighed heavily and got out of bed, stretching as I did so. "You owe me."

He nodded, a big smile on his face.

"Go tell Freya. She might want to go with us."

🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈

Eliyah led us pretty far out, pretty deep too. It seemed familiar to me, and then I realized why as we approached the sunken ship.

Sharks.

Everywhere.

This was shark territory.

No wonder he needed me to go with him. I've been to this ship before but never looking for treasure. Just watching the sharks do their thing.

I'm not sure if this is a good idea.

But it sounded like fun at the same time.

You know what fuck it.

I'm in.

"That's a lot of sharks are you crazy?!" Freya shrieked, staring at the shark infested ship with wide eyes.

"We'll be fine, Marinley is the shark whisperer."

I rolled my eyes at him, suddenly wishing I'd brought my sharks with me. They would've helped a lot more. But then again I don't want to put them at risk just yet. They're still just babies.

I recognized a shark so I gestured for Freya and Eliyah to hold on, swimming over to him.

"Indiero. Nice seeing you again." I told him, smiling when he bared his teeth in a hello.

"Fin. Shark watching again?"

I smiled and shook my head, pointing to my friends. "We're here to look for treasure." 

He bared his teeth again and looked around, then turned back to me. "I know our King has you protected but your companions are not. So you must be careful. Not all sharks here abide by the King's rule either."

I nodded, thanking him and swam back to them.

"So are we good?" Eliyah asked, very excited.

This isn't the first time we've been hunting for treasure, and it probably wouldn't be the last. I hoped we would find something again. We did find a treasure chest once, filled with gold and priceless gems. It's hidden in our cave with everything else we've found on our adventures. My room may not be cluttered, but the rest of our cave is.

Where do you think I put the flags from the ships I've destroyed?

"Are you sure this is safe?"

It wasn't, but I couldn't be bothered.

I like being in danger it's always a rush.

"You'll be fine. Just stay close to Marinley. She's better at kicking ass than I am."